1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

1992 eagle talon TSi.....newb at this

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Default 1992 eagle talon TSi.....newb at this

Hey guys my name is Alex i'm in b'ham Alabama, and i just joined in on this forum. I'm looking at this 1992 eagle talon TSi...it has a rebuilt engine(just broken in) and a "refreshed" head, all new seals and such. It also has a turbo timer, lowering springs and a aftermarket exaust (i think only muffler) the guy wants $4500 for it and i'm hoping to talk him down to 4000...do yall think this is a good find??? Is the car worth the money? Can yall tell me something about these cars...i know nothing about mitsubishi (mazda guy) and well i really like this talon now. I need something that will last me a good bit, concidering i'm in college and so forth, but minor break downs are a given in just about any used car.

thanks alot
-Alex

Old 09-29-2005, 10:41 PM
Default RE: 1992 eagle talon TSi.....newb at this

PS:: this is a FWD car not AWD, just in case you were wondering..

Old 09-30-2005, 01:19 AM

Find out what kinda of break in he did, did he put load on the motor, did he baby it for 1500? Also try to find out who did the rebuild, what parts were used. Other than that 4k seems alot for a 92 but then again its a 6bolt... I'd do it.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:30 AM

well it was done by a professional mechanic, as for all the oter info, i'm oging to call the guy up and go look at it and maybe test drive it and ask him all about it...but as for the car goes, is it reliable and will it stick around for a while??...oh and what's the power those things put out?

Old 09-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Super Moderator

Before you buy ANY car do a Carfax report on it (CARFAX). It's like $20 for lifetime unlimited VIN checks so it's a good investment. Also if you can get it to a place where you can get it on a lift and check the undercarriage, brake lines, feul lines. It sounds likea good price for a newly rebuilt motor but is it a standard or auto and if standard what's the shape of the clutch? Check brake pads and check all around in the engine compartment for leaks I'm not saying not to buy if you find small things wrong all I'm saying is KNOW what you're getting into. If it's going to need a feul line in a few weeks cuz one is rusted pretty bad then know about it so it doesn't surprise you later. I mean some things are a really cheap fix and other things are standard maintenance (Brake pads and rotors, tire tread, things like that). Otherwise it sounds like a good solid deal (Though I'd offer something like $3500 CASH first if you can pull it off and have the funds cuz green talks baby )

Old 09-30-2005, 03:08 AM

price would be way too high around my area but its all about suply/demand. look around and find out what its worth to you.

Old 10-02-2005, 02:47 AM

Ok I got another question. Yall talk about babying the car and such. Well how bad do i baby it..I mean like shift at 3000rpm and never race it?? What if the tranny and everything checks out o.k is it alright for me to like still play with people on the road and rev it up here and there and maybe even take it to the track one day??

thanks
-Alex

Old 10-02-2005, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

It all depends how you want to drive it. Baby it if you want or drive it hard if you want. Just make sure to keep up on the maintenance and keep an eye out for wear and tear. I have an '03 Sentra that I beat the heX outta since I got it. I was easy on it the first 3000 miles since then I've beaten the tar out of that car. I don't race but my starts at ANY light or stop sign are ALWAYS hard (60K miles on it and had 3 different sets of front tires now). If it's been through the break in period of the rebuilt engine though you should be fine to drive it however you want. Just remember if you beat it bad it'll eventually fail. It's an older car and SOME parts haven't been rebuilt yet.

Old 10-02-2005, 12:01 PM

He should be asking about 3500 for it around me... offer him even less then 4,000... The worst he could do is say no... But if its something you really want, it could be a fun car to own/drive.

ORIGINAL: DSMTalonAWD51

price would be way too high around my area but its all about suply/demand. look around and find out what its worth to you.

Old 10-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Anything being sold is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Quick Reply: 1992 eagle talon TSi.....newb at this