1st Generation This includes all Eclipses, Talons, and Lasers built from 1990-1994.

factory alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Default factory alarm?

So i have these 2 remote things that i found in the center console of my talon when i got it, and one was on the key. just a black remote with 2 buttons and i have no clue what theyre for. the date on them is the same as the MFR date of the car. i tried a new battery in both and pushed the buttons till i was blue in the face and cant get anything to happen. The one that was on the key the buttons are really worn out and the other looks brand new that was in the center console. could that be a factory alarm remote? i dont think that in 1993 there would have been a remote start on a manual transmission car. It dont have power door locks (maybe it used to?) ... no idea[&:], ill take a picture of them and maybe someone will recognise it.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: factory alarm?

Well my talon used to have the power door lock thing, and when i used it, it would also come up with a light on the dash that said "security" in green. Now i dont know if this was supposed to be an alarm or something. But i could never get an alarm to go off. Maybe try locking the car and shutting the door. Then press it and see if a light comes on

Old 01-15-2007, 01:44 PM

my 99 gs came with an alarm pad like the one you mentioned, black rectangle about 1x1 1/2 inches. 2 grey buttons one with l on it and one with ll on it. the l button was the one used to set and deactivate the alarm. but if it doesn't work, it is possible that it was instaled but somebody disconnected it.

Old 01-15-2007, 08:04 PM

If you get a green security light on your car when you lock it then the alarm is still working you might need to have it programmed.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 PM

Yah for me my factory alarm only goes off when the door is open without using the key to unlock the door.. its annoyin because it happens when u press the lock button inside the car then close the door.. Doesnt' really protect the car to well since it only goes off when door is open. I just had my door handle all messed up cuz somebody tried to breakin.. but failed. they manage to ruin mydoor handle .. and paint. >.<

Old 01-16-2007, 03:23 AM

it doesnt do anything at all. I'll have to look in the dash for the light maybe, i remember seeing a few cut wires under the dash, but evrything works so i never bothered to follow them. plus i was fighting the mess the previous owner made with the turbo timer.

Old 01-19-2007, 05:38 PM

with my car the green light goes on and believe me the alarm works and it's annoying, by turning the key in the drivers door disalarms it, and it goes off if i unlock and open the passengers door first, or the hatch or the hood if it's left open when i lock the car, and its possiable that it could be an alarm only without power locks, but if it is an alarm from the factor it would have a red button or something that indecated panic for the alarm, and another thing to check is that you'll have to horn fuses, one that's the main horn and one fuse that is the secondary fuse for the horn just if someone was smart and took it out.