2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Car cranks but won't start

Old 04-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Default Car cranks but won't start

Hey guys,

I have Eclipse 95 GS non turbo. Few months ago I got the upper engine rebuilt and I have a new problem came out right after that. THe car would run great and when it heats up the car would loose power about a second and come back on again. When that happen the check engine light will pop out and went off as the car came back in normal condition. This thing happen kept going for months and now I could hear loose metal as I hit the accelerator. Just 2 days ago I drove home from work and the car was in normal condition and didn't cut back or anything. I parked in front of my house and do some stuff at home for about 2 hours and come back out. When I got to my car I tried to start it but it won't
It just kept on cranking but won't start. The engine light never came on. THe only light that came on was the BRAKE, OIL, SEAT BELT. I got it towed to the nearest mechanic and all their answer after keeping my car for 2 days was IGNITION problem but they were just assuming. Does anyone has the same problem with the same car? If so, pls help me to solve this problem if the problem ever solved

Old 04-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Default RE: Car cranks but won't start

what did u replace whn you had the head rebuilt becuase when i put a new one on my 93 gsx, i didnt put a new tensioner on it and when i went to go start it one day it just kept cranking and no start.

Old 04-14-2006, 02:32 AM
Default RE: Car cranks but won't start

well it was the timing belt suppose to be replace but they didn't do it right so it bent the valve. AFter that they rebuilt the head cylinders, the valves, gasket, tensioner and new spark plugs. It ran great for almost 6 months but the problem is that the exhaust manifold making noise now and I'm not sure if it's cracked or not but I have bought a new one. If you need parts, I would suggest ebay because they are really cheap.