Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Eclipse & Eclipse Spyder > 2nd Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Default door handle issue

hi guys, my driver side door won't open from the outside buy works from the inside, any idea what's causing it and what i can do to fix it? Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:12 AM

Is the outside door handle...engaging? Like does it feel like the door *should* open by pulling on the handle?

Try taking the door panel off and seeing if everything's attached in there. I'll warn you, it can be a real pain, I had to replace my passenger side handle, but hopefully you will just be able to reattach the rod that does the opening. Oh, I'm remembering... there is a white clip that swivels around on the handle. I believe the copper rod snaps into that.
I'm going off of memories here, but I hope it helps.

EDIT: The inside one works because it is a separate deelio from the outside handle that opens the door.

Ethan.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:35 PM

Definitely check it out but you may have to replace it (and it is a right pain in the a$$). I don't know if that is a common problem with the 2G Eclipse models but I have had to replace mine twice in the last 4 years (97 RS) and I'm pretty sure I was yanking up on the handle every time I open the door.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:33 PM

Default Hi there I am having a disaster problem

I have a 1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder. I was on Holidays and when I came back I found that both door handles on my car were broken. I can not open, enter or get into the car in any way. What can I do. I lifted the latch and see that the mechanism is detached but more than that there is a little plastic thing inside but it does not seem to open the door. HELP HELP HELP.

G
Old 12-23-2011, 07:33 PM

Tags
2g, 2nd, 97, door, dsm, eclipse, eclispe, gen, handle, handles, issues, mitsubishi, open, replacement, wont