2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

funny story

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 02:56 PM
Default funny story

so i pulled up to this light a few days ago and there was this decked out cavalier, body kit, paint job, and by the look of the driver some performance parts, but anyway the driver and his girl looked over at me with this 'race you' look. just for fun i thought i would indulge him. Now my 2000 eclipse GT is all stock, havn't had the money to do anything with it. On with the story, so the light turns green and we're off, and thats probabley the most exciting part of this whole thing, i dont know if cavaliers just suck or what but my eclipse destroyed him. I was at least forty feet in front of him the whole time. and i saw the look on his face when i pulled into a parking lot and he drove past me ashamed, it was priceless.

Old 04-07-2006, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: funny story

That's great... LOL He probably thought he was billy bad@$$ witha body kit and paint job and kickin stereo... Then he forgot to factor the weight gains of them into the equation... Then got himself a little CAI and though that would cut it LOL Lahoo zaher LOL

Old 04-07-2006, 05:19 PM

cavy 16/17 sec 1/4 mile car
3G GT 14.9-15.4 1/4 mile car you will eat those up anyday

Old 04-07-2006, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: doebereman

body kit, paint job, and by the look of the driver some performance parts, but anyway the driver and his girl looked over at me with this 'race you' look. just for fun i thought i would .
By the look of the driver huh?did i miss something?and emonz don't be so sure man,i had a 2000 z24 with an intake and cat-back that i did a few 15.3 runs in and a better driver did a 15.1 in it so that makes it anyones race really.trust me i know it was my car....

Old 04-07-2006, 06:49 PM

Sorry to hear that

Old 04-07-2006, 09:27 PM

ORIGINAL: badass91hatch

body kit, paint job, and by the look of the driver some performance parts, but anyway the driver and his girl looked over at me with this 'race you' look. just for fun i thought i would .
By the look of the driver huh?did i miss something?and emonz don't be so sure man,i had a 2000 z24 with an intake and cat-back that i did a few 15.3 runs in and a better driver did a 15.1 in it so that makes it anyones race really.trust me i know it was my car....
Did I say anything bout a Z24?... No... lol I know all about them I have had one as well. when he said cavy I assume base model since it wasnt specific. I know the z is quick but it would still lose to the 00 GT eclipse. The 00 GT's are the fastest 3G's other than a close tie maybe with the 03+ GTS. the 00 GT has a Fedural spec motor which is a little les restrictive and is faster. so a 00 GT vs a z24 from a roll is no contest TQ will win from a stop TQ may lose it but I still dont think so unless one is a great driver and one is a poor driver. Only way the z24 would kill a GT from a roll is if it is a Cali spec spyder (I know from experience losing to a Si Civic which is basically teh same thing) GT cali specs beat Si civics alot but they are always kinda close races

Old 04-08-2006, 01:46 AM

so i pulled up to this light a few days ago and there was this decked out cavalier, body kit, paint job, and by the look of the driver some performance parts, but anyway the driver and his girl looked over at me with this 'race you' look. just for fun i thought i would indulge him. Now my 2000 eclipse GT is all stock, havn't had the money to do anything with it. On with the story, so the light turns green and we're off, and thats probabley the most exciting part of this whole thing, i dont know if cavaliers just suck or what but my eclipse destroyed him. I was at least forty feet in front of him the whole time. and i saw the look on his face when i pulled into a parking lot and he drove past me ashamed, it was priceless.
Dont mean to be an *** but nice way to put someones life in danger. Hope you two were the only people in that general area when you two decided to pull that stunt.

Old 04-08-2006, 02:03 PM

no, they were just racing in front of an elementart school right after school let out.

Old 04-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

i really dont see anything wrong with a quick race from a light...maybe in and out of traffic yes. But this i dont see any problem with

Old 04-08-2006, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: 93eclipsegsx

no, they were just racing in front of an elementart school right after school let out.

Rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

Quick Reply: funny story