2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

guage selection and more? newbie ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Default guage selection and more? newbie ?'s

My boost gauge just arrived. What other gauges would be useful to me to have in the pod. I am new to mod'ing for turbos. Looking online there are many different types of gauges, but which will have practical use for light mods and daily driving. Thanks.

Old 05-27-2006, 07:53 PM
Default RE: guage selection

if youre stock, none of them are really helpful. Have you made any mods?

Old 05-27-2006, 08:29 PM

Air/fuel ratio and oil pressure, they're both pretty important. The stock oil pressure gauge just sucks lol.

Old 05-27-2006, 09:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Evil1993Eagle

The stock ________ just sucks.

Get used to hearing that.

Old 05-27-2006, 11:17 PM

Just started mods. I have removed the BCS restrictor. Added K&N FIPK. I have purchased but not installed. GReddy 60mm elec boost gauge (two slots left on A Pillar pod) GReddy RS BOV, GReddy IC pipes only, GReddy turbo timer, and Walbro 190lph fuel pump. I still need to get 2 gauges to fill the pod, MBC (suggestions?), CatBack (non rice suggestions-I don't want to sound like a pissed off bumblebee, daily driver) I was looking at EVO2. After reading on here I have decided to get the ACT 2600 w/street disc, and Tokico springs with blue shocks (cost down).

I am not looking for a street terror (freightner maybe), and I am new to mod'ing. I get most of my info from places like this. For simple mods I can most of the time figure it out or follow a visual guide (members here and vfaq), or get minor mechanical help. Part of the reason I probably won't mod further because I can not find someone here in Houston that knows DSM's and that is an accomplished rebuilder and tuner. I am a better driver not a mechanic. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

On a MBC what is the difference between a eBay 12.99(auction 8067064113) and up to a 100 one? I am always leery of non name brand unless I know the person who made it or someone I trust has it. For the gauges like above (now with my plans for the car) what gauges should I get.

Old 05-28-2006, 01:03 AM

ORIGINAL: TX97GST

Just started mods. I have removed the BCS restrictor. Added K&N FIPK. I have purchased but not installed. GReddy 60mm elec boost gauge (two slots left on A Pillar pod) GReddy RS BOV, GReddy IC pipes only, GReddy turbo timer, and Walbro 190lph fuel pump. I still need to get 2 gauges to fill the pod, MBC (suggestions?), CatBack (non rice suggestions-I don't want to sound like a pissed off bumblebee, daily driver) I was looking at EVO2. After reading on here I have decided to get the ACT 2600 w/street disc, and Tokico springs with blue shocks (cost down).

I am not looking for a street terror (freightner maybe), and I am new to mod'ing. I get most of my info from places like this. For simple mods I can most of the time figure it out or follow a visual guide (members here and vfaq), or get minor mechanical help. Part of the reason I probably won't mod further because I can not find someone here in Houston that knows DSM's and that is an accomplished rebuilder and tuner. I am a better driver not a mechanic. Any help there would be greatly appreciated.

On a MBC what is the difference between a eBay 12.99(auction 8067064113) and up to a 100 one? I am always leery of non name brand unless I know the person who made it or someone I trust has it. For the gauges like above (now with my plans for the car) what gauges should I get.

the cheap tokico "blue shocks" arent an upgrade. Theyre basically an oem replacement. If youre going to lower it, get the illuminas. They have a 5 way dampening adjustment too.

If the design of something is simple, it almost doesnt really matter what brand. Take for example the ebay FMICs. Lots of people get them, and say theyre just as good as a name brand. I havent heard much about ebay boost controllers though.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:11 AM

Dont get a A\f ratio guage unless it is a wideband. if you get the narrow band your waisting money

Old 05-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Default RE: guage selection and more? newbie ?'s

Which is better a EGT or wideband A/F. Unless I learn more and find someone more mechanical than I probably won't mod much beyond the above.