2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

INFO ON FLOODING

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 11:16 PM
Default INFO ON FLOODING

I don't know **** about flooding..And i just want to know incase it happens to me. Can you guys tell me how it happens and what happens to my car. thanks

Old 05-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Banned
Default RE: INFO ON FLOODING

Flooding of what kind? There is 2 that i can think of. One is when you get water in your engine and thats easily avoided... just dont be a fool and drive through a 3 foot deep puddle. The other is flooding it with fuel and just drenching your spark plugs. This can be avoided by not leaving your foot on the gas with the engine off lol.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:48 PM

uhhh... fuel flooding?

flooding happens when too much fuel gets into your combustion chamber, to the point where there just isnt enough spark to light SO MUCH fuel.

You shouldn't get it unless your injectors are broken, or just some piece in your fuel system.

In a carburated car, its easy to get. If you pump the gas for a while, eventually the carb and cylinders will just fill up with fuel.
This is only solved by waiting for the fuel to leak out, or crank it over until all the excess fuel goes out of the exhaust.
Or you can empty your cylinders out by taking out the plugs and letting the fuel shoot out of the plug hole.

You can floor the pedal all day long in a fuel injected car tho, and nothing will happen.
If you do flood your car, something is pretty wrong, and needs to be checked out. You shouldnt drive, if its flooding.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Sebba
This can be avoided by not leaving your foot on the gas with the engine off lol.

doesnt matter on fuel injection.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:58 PM

can you flood your car if you leave the key in while you turn the car on..?to like listen to the radio...i thought i heard somethign like that.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:11 AM

NO- your injectors aren't firing with the key on unless the engine is cranking or running

Joel, CA

Old 05-10-2006, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

Exactly what Joel said. The injectors are controlled by the computer and the computer fires them when it's time in the firing cycle. No cycle happening = no injectors firing.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:18 AM

ORIGINAL: Jeffisdecentttttt

flooding happens when too much fuel gets into your combustion chamber, to the point where there just isnt enough spark to light SO MUCH fuel.
Fire is a pretty technical thing, I needs the right amout of fuel to happen... and when I say fuel I mean cumbustables. Therotecally a 50/50 ratio of gas and oxygen is needed... thats in its compressed form. So if you have a gallon of air that dosent mean that you need a gallon of gas to start a fire. The air mocules are much less dense than those of gas, which is why its a liquid. Any way flooding is an uneven air to fuel mixture with too much fuel and not enough oxygen. Its not the spark thats not big or hot enough, its the lack of an equal amount of oxygen. If you were to run a spark through a cup of gas in a vacume it wouldent ignite no matter how hot or big it is. Same thing goes for air, if you have more air in your car then fuel your car floods with air, which is also known as leaning out which can cause....

[IMG]local://upfiles/4562/C4927D4F2DBA4D36BA09F8CF891A9A31.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-11-2006, 01:11 PM
Banned

Nice! Couldnt have said it better myself.

Old 05-11-2006, 10:26 PM

sebba holy $h!t, that icon is hillarious. just sawl that today.ahahahahah

Quick Reply: INFO ON FLOODING