2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 11:43 PM
Default Mechanic

Here in Las Vegas I found a guy who specializes in modding Mitsu's. I was told this guy is good at what he does and he is an enthusiast. Here is is site www.spacarelv.com. I walked into his shop and saw 6 3000 GT VR4's in his garage and trust me i LOVED it!! He has a ride pupping 700+ hp to the wheels in there! Anyways, I told him him what I want to do is eventually have a 'street pounder' pumping easily over 325+ hp to the wheels. I said what I want is to do a CAI downpipe exhaust etc etc. Anyways after a period of time of chatting and getting to know each other, he said 'Lets do an O2 wiring upgrade (which I'm not sure what it is called) turbo gauges and an efg gauge. Then after that do a larger turbo and then redo the whole entire intake system and do a custom built exhaust. Now i don't know what to think since I've been told to CAI and exhaust 1st, but he said 'if people tell you to do other things 1st it isn't the right way to go on the eclipses' Also, he said that the eclipse block in my GSX can handle 15-18 psi before having to worry about going through it. OK, now here it come... Do you think this guy is full of sh** or what?? Also, to do the gauges wiring mount the A-Pillar would be about $800.. Now THAT seems steep to me... Please offer some feedback since I'm not toooo familiar with Mitsu's... I just want a good running launch me into the back seat rig...lol

Old 04-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Mechanic

well that is steep for gauges unless he is doing a wideband o2 ond not a A\F Narrow band and even then that is alot of cash. The first mods on a Turbo DSM should be intake Boost gauge MBC exhaust and a BOV. it can handle 16 PSI on stock fuel but I wouldnt go any more, if you go upgraded fuel the T25 stock turbo cant go higher than 17 PSI but with the fuel and a 16G you could dish out 20PSI on the stock motor as long as you tuned properly.

Basically said if I had a bone stock GST or GSX i would do this in order

Boost Gauge
MBC (15 psi)
intake and BOV (stock BOV leaks bad)
3in turbo back exhaust
Upper IC pipe
Fuel pump
Injectors
SAFCII tunned

if you want to tune yourself then you need to get an EGT and\or a wideband o2

from that point a 16G and 20 PSI is very possible and on the stock motor you can take 400 WHP I belive and drive it trouble free.

^ that is how I am doing my EVO
I went boost gauge
intake
MBC
turboback exhaust 3 inch
AEM wideband 02
SAFCII which I tuned

and I am around 300 WHP and should run mid\high 12s in the 1\4 keep in mind I am running 21 PSI on stock Fuel for the EVO which is the same as you should upgrade to 560cc injectors and 190lph pump and the EVO comes with the 16G turbo

Old 04-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

yea exactly what emonz said. I would start there.

800 is ridiculous. I wouldnt pay that. My guess is he is doing the wideband O2 and an eletronic boost guage for that much money. but hes really overcharging for something you can put in yourself.

Also if this guy is saying to do a turbo upgrade before fuel upgrades and before a boost controler. Then just walk out then

Old 04-24-2006, 10:58 AM

Dont forget to up grade the intercooler.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:29 PM

Emonz,
Thanks for the info.. I just don't know where to start.. I'm not mechanically inclined and I would just like it if I could have someone help me out to do this. I'm here in Las Vegas and it seems that there really isn't alot of people here who know WTF is going on w/ the eclipses... What might be simple for most people.. is difficult just for me...lol. So I guess I will go w/ my initial plan of air intake and exhaust... then do MBC and Gauges.... Thanks For Your Help!