2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

!!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Default !!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

I have a 1999 GS-T. I was driving the other day and went to go pass someone and as I was going and the Turbo was spooling up i suddenly lost all my boost and a weird blowing sound happend when my turbo gauge would reach half way. The blowing sound has stopped now. I do have a Greddy Type-S BOV and the sound wasnt that. Now the turbo only slowly goes to half way on the turbo gauge and is very very slow... Please if you have any thoughts or suggestions please reply THANKS!

David [:@]

Old 05-12-2006, 12:36 AM
Default RE: !!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

How many miles do you have on your car? Do you drive your car "hard?"

My guess would be that your turbo went out. You might need to get a new one. But this is my guess I could be wrong.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:37 AM

boost leak?? does the car run ok other wise does the idle bounce up and down any other symptoms at all??

Old 05-12-2006, 12:41 AM

Yes actually before the problem when sitting at a stop light i would idle really low then it would go up a little bit and back down... it even stalled twice... what does that mean???

What do i need to do to check/ fix this potential problem?

Old 05-12-2006, 12:45 AM

It means you have a boost leak... Start with the BOV is it recirculated like it should be? Do you have a upgraded intercooler or IC pipe? check to see if all IC pipes are on tight and none of them slipped off. Makes sure the dump off on the BOV didnt pop off.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:48 AM

Sorry havnt had the car long... how do i check if the BOV is recirculated? and I dont know what the Dump of on the BOV is?

Old 05-12-2006, 12:53 AM

DId you have the BOV installed or did the Type S come with the car?

There should be a tube from the BOV going to the intake that is recirulating if there is that tube is called the dump tube. Just search BOV here and you will find pages and pages of info on me argueing over it with others and I bet that will help you out and start you in the right direction.

Let me ask when you were trying to pass the car were you not totally flooring it? if you di floor it does the car seem to pull just fine untill you stop or press the clutch in (if your car is a manual)??

Old 05-12-2006, 01:07 AM

Yes i think i was flooring it... I cant anymore tho bc it goes really slow and seems like i dont even have a turbo i have no boost what-so-ever...well i can see on the stock turbo gauge that it charges up to half way but cannt really feel it at all. The BOV was not recirculated is that bad?

Old 05-12-2006, 02:27 AM

That is a boost leak and part of a problem that may be related, its a start in the right direction to add a dump tube

Old 05-12-2006, 10:49 AM

Start at the air filter and follow the tubing to the motor, some where along that route the tube is disconnected. And emonz is right you should deff have a dump tube. Your car will be faster with it.

Quick Reply: !!! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!