2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

Oil, Black Smoke......I hate my Car *Argh*

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 01:30 AM
Default Oil, Black Smoke......I hate my Car *Argh*

yha so i still am gunning the thing, and its still stuttering at 5500-6000 rpms. We've done everything from replacing all seals and valves and gaskets, to praying that this thing wont do it. well it still does it, and i hear somethinking *clicking* in my engine as it stutters. idk, and then as i let off the gas it puffs Black smoke. so i call the shop again *been there like 9 times now* and they said its running rich. they said not the rings, and they said new valves and everything, they dont know why it would run rich. it doesnt seem to smoke white anymore. but it still fluctuates when warming up being cold..........help please. if i could i'd record it, but i cant.....

Old 06-02-2006, 10:46 AM
Default RE: Oil, Black Smoke......I hate my Car *Argh*

how often do you "gun" it?

Old 06-02-2006, 01:24 PM

ORIGINAL: eclipsed4u

how often do you "gun" it?
not often, once in a while, but in neutral ill rev high, and in 1st i sometimes do it, and itll stutter as i drive it.......

Old 06-02-2006, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

my car used to puff black smoke badly too, but i always thought that to be because the car burned oil, which is common in the turbo cars.

Old 06-02-2006, 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: TheEngineer

my car used to puff black smoke badly too, but i always thought that to be because the car burned oil, which is common in the turbo cars.
but when i rev high, the exhaust is spitting out oil on the ground........

Old 06-02-2006, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

does your turbo whine at all?

Old 06-02-2006, 04:50 PM

does your turbo whine at all?
i hear a noise, o and btw. my car i think overheats. i let it sit after i drove it, the fans were on for a while then shut off, then roughly 30secs-a minute later they turned back on. what could this be?

Old 06-02-2006, 07:23 PM

well your car is just sitting there and when it reaches a certain temp, your fans come on to get it below the mark and so on and so on

Old 06-03-2006, 12:30 AM
Super Moderator

ok, is the sound kinda a sound that you would describe as a whine, and does it feel like your car has lost a little power. Cuz your turbo could be on its way out. A good way to check is take off your intake and see if there is any oil in there.

Old 06-03-2006, 08:33 AM

ok, is the sound kinda a sound that you would describe as a whine, and does it feel like your car has lost a little power. Cuz your turbo could be on its way out. A good way to check is take off your intake and see if there is any oil in there.

wow i hate my car, i drove to San Jose today 45 minutes away from my house. i stop IN the ghetto and buy a burrito from the mexican liquor store. at 9 o clock, PM my car wont start. i call my cousin, he comes, cant do nothing. i wait for the AAA they come cant do anything. so im there at 2 45 AM in the morning now, and i just got home at 3 o clock, going to get it back tomorrow. (i hope they didnt strip it). the car cranks but wont start. we think the fuel pump and injectors went bad, because i have good battery, and we jumped the thing 5 times and still no go........... can someone tell me the best injectors to upgrade but for the cheapest price. im on a budget.........

Quick Reply: Oil, Black Smoke......I hate my Car *Argh*