Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Eclipse & Eclipse Spyder > 2nd Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-24-2004, 09:16 PM

Default Resetting security code

I have a 2001 Spyder GT . I had to replace the battery and when I had to reset my security code, I could not find my card, so I had to try to enter the code from memory. My memory failed I tried 3 times and failed. I finally found the correct code, but when I try to enter it, when I push the radio on-off button, instead of getting "CODE" on the display I get "OFF". I tried disconnecting the battery and trying again but I still get "OFF" on the display and I am unable to enter the code. Does anyone know what I have to do to get the system to display "CODE" so I can enter the security code?. Many thanks.</P>

Ron</P>
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 04-25-2004, 11:16 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tmann26 Send a message via AIM to Tmann26 Send a message via Yahoo to Tmann26
Default Resetting security code

After 3 tries, the stereo "locks up" (Anti theft system), now you have to take the unit to a Mitsubishi Dealer and have them fix it... or you can buy a new deck... </P><edited><editID>Tmann26</editID><editDate>38102.3874884259</editDate></edited>
Old 05-22-2007, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Resetting security code

Call 1-888-MITSU2007 and give them your radio's serial number and the last 8 digitis of the vehicle's VIN number. They will give you the code for FREE!!
If the display reads out "OFF", then you will need to put your key in the ignition and turn it so it will be in the accessory mode. Leave it like this for 45 min - 1 hour, and it will reset, and now you can enter the code that the Mitsubishi dealer gives you.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Kaede.Noir

i've never had a stock stereo on my eclipse, but how in black heaven's leaving the key in accesory, powering up the fuel pump and most electronics, will reset a locked on stereo?

Edit: a 2001 gt is not a 2 genereation eclipse wrong forum bro
Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to 50ul }{4ck3r

lol...hahahaha 2001
Old 05-22-2007, 03:47 PM

Tags
2006, 3000gt, anti, code, diamante, enter, galant, lock, mirage, mitsubishi, reset, security, stereo, system, theft