2nd Generation This includes all Eclipses, and Talons built from 1995-1999

what colors to choose

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Default what colors to choose

hey everyone i jus got sponsored but its by decalkits.com and in order to mike money so that i can put it towards the engine, i need to go to car shows so that i dont lose the sponsorship as well...the car is green right now, i want to paint it but im not sure what color to paint it. i either want to paint it:

black base coat W/ red decals
red base coat W/ black decals

can anyone give me any other suggestions?...thanx

Old 04-01-2005, 06:53 PM
Default RE: what colors to choose

I like the idea of red with black decals. But that's just me...where are they having you take it to get it painted?

Old 04-02-2005, 04:32 PM

Id do the Red with black decals also because it'll be more stand outish for shows. Which is what you want if your trying to get your car noticed for the shows youll be entering. If it was an everyday driver then I'd swing the other way... a little more toned down but still classy keeping people wondering whats under the hood ...Let us know what you end up doing!

Old 04-02-2005, 07:14 PM
Super Moderator

Personally I'd go with black basecoat and red decals then go completely outlandish on the look to attract the attention instead of the colors. But that's just me I myself am doing black base blue secondary.

Old 04-02-2005, 09:11 PM

That's a hard one, i can see both of them working out. Personally I think I'd go with the red paint with black decals cause I think the decals woudln't stand out as much. Then it's a part of the paint job rather than that being all you look at cause the red would stand out a lot on black paint. I'd think about doing a little bit of a darker red if you wanted to do the black, I like a car's paint and exterior to be a singlular thing rather than this with this on it, if that makes any sense.

Old 04-03-2005, 01:31 AM

i wanna thank everyone for their sugestions..they arent sending me anywhere i have to do this on my own..im thinkin bout buying the paint and having a friend do it....im not sure cuz i really dont have the money to get it painted right now... i think im probably gonna go wit the red base coat and the black decals....now its on to the next decision which is which decals to pick...

Old 04-04-2005, 12:59 PM

Don't do a half assed job on the paint or it will ruin the whole car. If you don't have money to paint it now do the decals on what color you already have. The actual painting isn't hard it's the prepwork and keeping everything clean while you're doing it that's the hard part. If you have access to a paint booth or if you're friend really knows what they're doing and has a place to do it go ahead but I'd hold off for a while rather than do a mediocore job.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Sanguinius

Personally I'd go with black basecoat and red decals then go completely outlandish on the look to attract the attention instead of the colors. But that's just me I myself am doing black base blue secondary.
Yeah, i'd go with the black and read too! I saw an SRT-4 last night, black with yellow, it really stuck out from everything. Looked very good. Everybody has there own style, go with what you like.