Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi Eclipse & Eclipse Spyder > 3rd Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2013, 03:13 PM

Unhappy 01 GT heater and coolant problems

I learned the hard way not to ignore the coolant on my Eclipse V6 GT. Now after numerous flushes and cleanings I have, what I believe is a clean cooling system. When doing flushes the heater would work kinda sorta for a while. Now it seems to be losing coolant and engine oil, along with the heater problem. I bought a back flush kit and performed the procedure to excess. Refilled with coolant and Bars leak fix. Anything I'm missing? Oh yes the heat is better on the passenger side.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 AM

Blocked heater core. Bars leak does more harm than good sometimes. May cause a blockage and not allow coolant to properly circulate through the heater core
301-991-6501
Old 10-12-2013, 12:12 PM

K Todd I realize bars leak can cause problems if not used properly. The problem is still little heat the heater core lines are, to quote my son, "pi$$" hot in and out. This is under the hood and under the dash. The radiator is new, Thermostat new, and the coolant is clean as a whistle. I checked the heat cool mix door the actuator is moving and you can hear the door operate. Oh I only used half strength on the bars leak.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:12 PM

Tags
01, bars, coolant, eclipse, eclispe, gt, heater, missing, mitsubishi, problems