3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

Couple questions for a new owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Default Couple questions for a new owner

I just bought my 03 vert GTS a few months ago and I have a few problems/questions.

1st. I only have one key. I probably should have looked into before i bought it but i got one off the web to have it cut and programmed. It seems no one will cut the key and the dealer wants like 150 to do it. If i can find someone to cut it, is there a way to program it myself?

2nd. The power antenna is jammed. The motor works but the shaft only moves a couple inches. I bought a replacement and tried to remove the old one but the thing will not come out. I unhooked the nut on the outside of the car but the shaft will not come out. Any help with getting it out would be awesome.

3rd. I just had the timing belt done but now it seems to be surging with a lack of power and occasionally stalls at idle. I checked all the vacuum lines and everything seems normal. It kinda sounds like there is some hissing under the intake manifold but i can't remember is it sounded like that before. Any ideas what would cause the car to run sluggish and be surging?

sorry if its a little long I'm just kinda frustrated. Any help or suggestions you guys can give would be awesome!!! Thanks in advance

-Kyle

Old 06-19-2010, 03:55 PM

1. if you can get it cut, a locksmith can do it for about 60.
2. your car has an antenna. my antenna is in my window. i have never seen an eclipse with an antenna.
3. did you pay a shop to do the work. it sounds like the timing is off a bit. if you did it, then just re do it. if a shop did it, then take it back to them, and tell them they messed up.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by godfather4G64
1. if you can get it cut, a locksmith can do it for about 60.
2. your car has an antenna. my antenna is in my window. i have never seen an eclipse with an antenna.
3. did you pay a shop to do the work. it sounds like the timing is off a bit. if you did it, then just re do it. if a shop did it, then take it back to them, and tell them they messed up.
the spyders have a power antenna on the rear quarter panel. I'm taking it to my mechanic to have them check the timing

Old 07-19-2010, 09:33 AM

1. you should be able to take it into any small town hardware store, i work at one and we can cut and program the keys if you have them and we also stock them, there may be a charge of like 2 dollars for the cut and im not sure how much it would be if you had your key programed.
2. i have yet to see any eclipse with an attenia.
3. take it back to the shop and have it fixed. and if you did the timing yourself, maybe bring it in because i believe with those motors, if the timing is off you could ruin the whole engine

Old 07-26-2010, 02:27 AM
Van

Pull out the antenna motor assy, disassemble it, carefully. Not too hard to do. Then remove the broken piece of plastic antenna rod that's curled up in there. Reassemble motor cover, reinstall, insert new antenna cable.

Old 07-27-2010, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Van
Pull out the antenna motor assy, disassemble it, carefully. Not too hard to do. Then remove the broken piece of plastic antenna rod that's curled up in there. Reassemble motor cover, reinstall, insert new antenna cable.
The plastic rod is intact. I am trying to remove the metal exterior because it is jammed

Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 PM

what year is your eclipse? a gen 1?