3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

2003 eclipse GTS electrical and GTR

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Default 2003 eclipse GTS electrical and GTR

Hello all I like your forum and I just registered, I bought and I am having few issues with it, I just replaced the transmission which I paid lots of money for that, I have few issues and I will appreciate your help:

1- the right front turn signal and right reverse light works when first turn them on but in less than a second they disconnect, What is the problem and how can I fix it.

2- The EGR system gives me codes and causes the car to fail inspection, was cleaned and I want to replace it, do you know what I need to buy and how to replace it?

3- The lock for the lug nuts is missing do you know how do I open them?

Thank you for your help

Old 11-08-2013, 12:22 AM
Banned

Here's what you do.

You get a gas can, open it, and start pouring gas all over the interior. Then you strike a match, drop it in the car, and run.

Problem solved.

Old 11-08-2013, 07:13 PM

Sebba you do love the 3g eclipse don't you.
1. Get it looked at by someone who knows electrical.
2. Get the codes scanned and then track the problem down by fixing the codes.
3. Most Mitsu dealers have a master set if they are Mitsu locks. If not get a mechanic to remove them. There are some tricks you can do but the locks will be ruined.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by firebuck
Sebba you do love the 3g eclipse don't you.
1. Get it looked at by someone who knows electrical.
2. Get the codes scanned and then track the problem down by fixing the codes.
3. Most Mitsu dealers have a master set if they are Mitsu locks. If not get a mechanic to remove them. There are some tricks you can do but the locks will be ruined.
firebuck,
Thank you so much for your nice reply, it meant a lot that someone cares, I was about to leave the forum because of the previous answer, but I gave it a chance because I know not everyone is the same.

again thank you so much appreciate it

Old 11-09-2013, 08:09 AM

Sebba knows quite a bit and is one of the best members on here. However, he is brutally honest and will not put up with silliness (not that your questions were silly). Also he really hates the 3G eclipse. It is underpowered, poorly made and has limited upgrade potential unless it is the 4 cylinder model. Having said that it is still one of my favorite cars. I had a 2003 GT myself for 7 years and had few issues but performance upgrades would have been expensive.
Get it serviced/looked at by someone who knows what they are doing and then enjoy it.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:12 AM
Banned

Lol nailed it.

Old 03-10-2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by ijordan
Hello all I like your forum and I just registered, I bought and I am having few issues with it, I just replaced the transmission which I paid lots of money for that, I have few issues and I will appreciate your help:

1- the right front turn signal and right reverse light works when first turn them on but in less than a second they disconnect, What is the problem and how can I fix it.

2- The EGR system gives me codes and causes the car to fail inspection, was cleaned and I want to replace it, do you know what I need to buy and how to replace it?

3- The lock for the lug nuts is missing do you know how do I open them?

Thank you for your help
1 - The problem is most likely a ground, but then again, the signal and reverse lights are on completely separate circuits. I agree with the above recommendation to have it looked at by someone who knows electrical unless you can dive into it with a DVM and start troubleshooting on your own. A manual from Chiltons or Haynes will contain wiring diagrams that could assist in identifying electrical problems.

2 - Any auto parts stores can provide you with the parts needed. You need the exact code to isolate problem. There is the valve itself and also vacuum solenoid that could cause the problems.

3 - As stated, you may have to "improvise" a tool to get them off there and will most likely destroy them in the process. Be sure you have another seet ready to replace them with. You could also try like a discount tire or someplace like that, they may have various "keys" available.

Good luck!

Last edited by jkeaton; 03-10-2014 at 10:16 AM.