3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

2005 Spyder- Convertible Top Leaking

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 01:32 PM
Default 2005 Spyder- Convertible Top Leaking

Hi all,
I have looked all over for advice on this, but I can't find anyone with my exact problem.

My convertible top has been leaking for a while now. It only occurs after either a heavy rain, or a lengthy one (for more than 20 or so minutes). The water seems to be accumulating under the top itself, and pours out of the driver side from the internal top layers (soft cloth). My driver side seat and floorboard is constantly getting soaked (and me as well if I'm sitting there as it drips onto my knee), and the car is getting mildew. I cannot find a tear or hole in the top itself, and the water does not appear to be leaking in from any of the windows, etc. Has anyone had this problem? I took it to the dealership but they said they couldn't find a problem after spraying it for a short time with a hose. As I said, the water seems to pool up somewhere under my top layer, and when I accelerate it pours down in a torrent into the back seat and on me in the drivers seat.

Any advice on how to fix this, how to find a tear in such as situation, or even what I should tell maintenance next time, would be greatly appreciated!

P.S. During the winter, I would commonly come out to my car only to find that the inside of the windshield and front windows had ice coating them.