3rd Generation This includes all Eclipses built from 2000-2005

SON OF A F***ING, F*** OBX

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Default SON OF A F***ING, F*** OBX

ok so, im pissed if you cant tell,
I bought some OBX Headers for my V6 2001 Eclipse, 5 speed, ... ye
and they dont f***ing fit,
i had to go through hella **** to put them on, and when i did actually get them on the engine, the mid pipe dont fit on right.
PLEASE tell me what kind of headers you guys have, wether or not you had problems putting them on, and ... just basically if you like them or not, and why.
there are several things wrong with OBX headers, threds not the right size, mid pipe dont fit right, and other ****.
I NEED SOME HEADERS FAST, I NEED MY CAR TO DRIVE. it drives now with just headers, and sounds ****ing amazing, but not street legal to the extreme. but its coo
so please help me out.
BTW if you have OBX headers, and found a way to put them on, or did something that made them fit, tell me too,

thanx a lot
serge

Old 07-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Banned
Default RE: SON OF A F***ING, F*** OBX

This is what happens when you buy ebay ****. Lesson learned

Old 07-23-2007, 06:12 PM

Hes right... but lets not leave the poor kid in the dark, Seb... he needs his car like he says... some constructive criticism would have been better. lol. But that is what you get for buying ebay parts. OBX is garbage IME. What happened to your stock pipes, btw? Also define for me 'midpipe' and both sides were terrible like this?

Old 07-24-2007, 02:45 AM

so, i still have my old pipes, but some of the bolts were rusted, and broke when they were being taken off, and i have no idea were the heat shealds were, they all look the same to me, and ye... i just really dont want to put on my old ones
what i meant by midpipe, i dont know if that is what it is called, midpipe? Ypipe? i dont know and dont care, but i was talking bout the pipe that connects the 2 headers to the cat back.
BTFW Dusty...
you were the one that told me " for that price, thats not a bad deal" in the other post i had... asking about OBX headers on ebay. why didnt you tell me "OBX is garbage IME"? btw... what the f*** is "IME"?
i just need to know QUICK if there are other headers i can get, that are NOT garbage...

Old 07-24-2007, 02:50 AM

lol, likely... IME is in my experience, which you are now part of... the price WAS right... for the performance gain that they were supposed to put out ( a friend of mine paid way over that for em) but he didnt have fitment issues

Old 07-24-2007, 02:58 AM

Sorry about the garbage comment btw I didnt mean it like that... its just more like you pay for what you get... OBX are generaly cheaper than most and are built/designed accordingly. But like I said, I never heard of a fitment issue.