Mitsubishi Outlander The new crossover from Mitsubishi, mixing the usefulness of an SUV with the size and convenience of a sport wagon.

2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise

Old 12-04-2007, 08:44 PM
No5
Default 2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise

Well, the outdoortemperatures have been falling. The interior (cabin)fan onmy2007 XLS Outtie began to squeel loud. Although intermittent, it's happening moreoften than not. It just started a few daysago, but today it was soo loud, I had to turn the fan off. After waiting a minute or two, I turned the fan back on and it had stopped; Only tostart squeeling againa few mintues later.

Has anyone else encountered thisas well?

Old 12-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Default RE: 2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise

I haven't noticed anything like this. Try taking it to the dealer. It should be covered.

Old 12-05-2007, 02:10 PM

ORIGINAL: abrcrombe

I haven't noticed anything like this. Try taking it to the dealer. It should be covered.
Dido...

Old 12-05-2007, 02:17 PM

Checked the belt it might be loose or need a little adjustment.

or youhit something underneath the car near the fan or engine.
You just didn't noticed itrecently,
look for scratches near the fender. You might had hit a flattened Can or some nuts,bold or rock

doing 65 mph hit a small debris It will cause a damage to your car,

Old 12-05-2007, 02:27 PM
No5

ORIGINAL: BEAT

look for scratches near the fender. You might had hit a flattened Can or some nuts,bold or rock

I am takingit to the dealer. I'll post back anything if they find out the root cause.

Just as an fyi, it's notthe engine fan, but theINTERIOR cabin fan (i.e. heater, etc). It sounds as though eithera bearinghas ceased or the fanitself is somehow rubbing the wall of theassembly unit. It is happening within all the levels of the fan speed (low, medium, high).

Old 12-10-2007, 08:46 PM
No5

ORIGINAL: No5

ORIGINAL: BEAT

I am takingit to the dealer. I'll post back anything if they find out the root cause.

Just as an fyi, it's notthe engine fan, but theINTERIOR cabin fan (i.e. heater, etc). It sounds as though eithera bearinghas ceased or the fanitself is somehow rubbing the wall of theassembly unit. It is happening within all the levels of the fan speed (low, medium, high).
Well, took it into the dealership today. After inspection they have ordered me a new blower motor.

FYI incase anyone else encounters this blower motor failure too.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:44 AM

Well, I am finding exactly the same problem in the same car. So I thought I would continue with this thread instead of starting a new one.

Did other people have the same problem? Did you try cleaning and lubricating and any success?

Old 01-03-2012, 12:57 PM
voh
Default Same Problem

Hey guys,
I had this same problem last winter and took it in to the dealership. They said there were some leaves trapped in the cabin air filter that were making the noise. I found this hard to believe as I've had leaves caught in a blower motor before and they make a whirring sound not a squealing sound. Anyway, it hasn't done it since, but that was late last winter, and we haven't had temps cold enough yet this winter to make it happen again (it only did it below -25 celsius).
Good to know your experience though, because I expect it may happen again yet this winter.
Let me know if you have success on lubricating it because my warranty will be up soon, and I don't want to pay for a new one if lubricating it works.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by voh
Hey guys,
I had this same problem last winter and took it in to the dealership. They said there were some leaves trapped in the cabin air filter that were making the noise. I found this hard to believe as I've had leaves caught in a blower motor before and they make a whirring sound not a squealing sound. Anyway, it hasn't done it since, but that was late last winter, and we haven't had temps cold enough yet this winter to make it happen again (it only did it below -25 celsius).
Good to know your experience though, because I expect it may happen again yet this winter.
Let me know if you have success on lubricating it because my warranty will be up soon, and I don't want to pay for a new one if lubricating it works.

If it's making noise and it's under warranty, have it replaced. Don't screw around lubricating-it will just delay the inevetable.

Why pay for one later when you can have Mitsu buy one now for you.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM

I had a similar thread a few days ago. Lubricating worked for about 2 weeks...I'll be purchasing a new motor.

Very easy replacement. Three of those plastic pin/rivet things below the lower glove box reveals the motor. There is a cooling hose, wiring harness, and three screws and its out. $95 at the stealership.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Outlander XLS: Interior Cabin Fan Noise