Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse heat problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 09:04 AM
Default 1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse heat problem

Hello Mitsubishi world,

So I have a problem (surprise, surprise) with the blower not blowing any heat into my car. I turn the **** that controls how hard the air comes in and all it does is make this short "click" noise then all that is heard is a low hum. Ok... so first question. Where is the blower and motor located in a 1992 eclipse? I have had one person tell me it's located in the dash behind the glovebox and two people tell me it's by the firewall in the engine bay. Next question, how do I know what part to buy if it is broken? I know I will either have to replace the blower motor, just the blower or relay/ resistor. So how do I know which one to replace? With all answers please keep in mind I am broke so I do not have any room for mistake! I have looked up prices for blower motors and they are pricey! Also I'm not a car guru so please be very particular in your answer! Aslo I'm blonde... need I say more? I appreciate ANYTHING!!!

Thanks for any answer that helps me with my problem. It's the beginning of winter here in Germany where me and my husband live while he serves in the military and I need heat! hahaha

~Angela