Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Air Conditiong blows hot & light flashes...PLEASE HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:03 PM
Default RE: Air Conditiong blows hot & light flashes...PLEASE HELP!!

ORIGINAL: superinflamo

my car suddenly lost the freezing air, so me and my dad went to autozone and got a FREON recharge kit
its really easy, its just a can that has freon in it, and u connect it to the plug in the A/C plumbing
after that, cold air again!!!!!

idk if u still have the problem or not, and the can of freon with an adapter costs about $13

daniel
This won't always fix the problem though... I understand overcharging the system is a bad thing as well. Get a refill with a pressure gauge on it so you know you are within the appropriate range...maybe you'll need 2 cans, maybe you have other issues.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:00 PM

ORIGINAL: mattyblast

Unbelievable. They checked everything, and the only possible explanation they could come up with was that a magnetic relay of some sort in the clutch had 7mm of a gap in it, when actually it's supposed to have only 4-5mm to be into specs. Something like that. So they're going to replace the A/C clutch next week (that's not a part they stock, and understandably so).
actually, thats probably right. If the compressor clutch gap (magnetically powered) is too large, the compressor will slip, thus causing the issue your were talking about.

Old 07-27-2006, 07:07 PM

idk if u still have the problem or not, and the can of freon with an adapter costs about $13

daniel
Forgive me for being ignorant, but what the hell is "idk" short for?

Old 07-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: dirtwagon

daniel
Forgive me for being ignorant, but what the hell is "idk" short for?
I=I
D=Dont
K=Know

Old 07-27-2006, 07:10 PM

thanks

Old 07-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Super Moderator

thanks
no problem. I know there are lots of those weird short things that are used all the time on forums

Old 07-28-2006, 01:01 AM

my car suddenly lost the freezing air, so me and my dad went to autozone and got a FREON recharge kit
its really easy, its just a can that has freon in it, and u connect it to the plug in the A/C plumbing
after that, cold air again!!!!!

daniel
This won't always fix the problem though... I understand overcharging the system is a bad thing as well. Get a refill with a pressure gauge on it so you know you are within the appropriate range...maybe you'll need 2 cans, maybe you have other issues.
thats true, you dont need the pressure gauge tho, all you need is a thermometer, stick it in one of the vents and add the freon a little at a time, the temperature should drop about 20 degrees F from the room temp when fully charged

Old 07-28-2006, 01:31 AM

so if its 100 F outside the vents should blow out 80 F air? I dont think so, and I WOULD use the gauge, they are cheap enough now. They even make one that is like a tire pressure gauge, they are not that good of quality, but they do get ya close. Cold air in both of my vehicles is around 40F on a hot day, actually my truck gets colder than that at times.

Old 07-28-2006, 02:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Manybrews
Actually, that's probably right. If the compressor clutch gap (magnetically powered) is too large, the compressor will slip, thus causing the issue you were talking about.
Terrific! I'm delighted to hear that their theory makes sense. I'll post the outcome of the clutch replacement here, and hopefully it will be good news.

Old 08-03-2006, 12:32 PM

Problem solved. They replaced the clutch, and now the car is freezing cold. I'm one happy dude.

Quick Reply: Air Conditiong blows hot & light flashes...PLEASE HELP!!