Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Car wont start.. please help..URGENT

Old 07-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Default Car wont start.. please help..URGENT

Hello all
I was wondering if anyone can assist me.I have a 1994 mitsubishi 3000gt non-turbo. The car all of a sudden wouldnt start. Nothing worked. Tried jumping it, but that did nothing..(ended up wasting 90 on a new battery!!!!) there is no power whatsever.. no lights.. signals parking lights.. absolutly nothing (amp guage showed nothing as well.. even when I tried to jump it) . I was told this was a fusible link issue? does anyone feel the same. The car is at a shop now right by where it broke down. They plan to charge $90 an hour to diagnose.. so any help would be much appreciated.and much cheaper as well. Thank you for your help in advance....

Old 07-08-2005, 02:36 PM
pc
Default RE: Car wont start.. please help..URGENT

Sounds like a good place to start would be the fusable link. The shop shouldn't take much time to figure it out if it is the fuse. These are large amp fuses that prevent the car from catching fire if the circuit gets overloaded. They are cheap and easy to replace. The question is, why did it blow in the first place. That problem could take longer to figure out. As well the overload could have melted some smaller wires before the fuse blew. I have had only one blow in my life and that was on an 83 Chevy. Never did find out what set it off but I just replaced the fuse and that was the last I heard about it.