Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Galant- Water swooshing out passenger floor!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:52 PM
Default Galant- Water swooshing out passenger floor!!

Help! I have a 99 Galant and I dont know whats wrong with it. When I turn to the left, water comes pooring out of the upper right hand corner of the passenger floor...right under the glove box!! It makes a swooshing noise that I think is coming from behind the glove box. Im assuming I have a leak somewhere but I dont know much about cars-that is why I joined this forum...I want to learn! So if anyone could help me, you would be a lifesaver! Thanks!

Old 07-28-2004, 12:23 PM
Default RE: Galant- Water swooshing out passenger floor!!

SOUNDS LIKE you have a heater core leak. the best thing you could do id to make sure the connections in the engine compartment are secured and then to open up the casing by taking off a few screws. but remember when you open it up all the water will be spilling on your head. if everything looks alright to you then you might have a cabin leak where you are taking in water from the outside during rain and carwashes. you might also want to check the coolant level if you are pretty low then mos definitely the heater core is leaking. if you determine that it is the heater core all you have to do is connect the two lines that enter the firewall together with a 45` degree elbow and all your problems are fixed. but if you live in a place wher the winters are extremely cold i wouldnt recommend this i would just have it replaced.
Mike

Old 07-28-2004, 07:17 PM
Default RE: Galant- Water swooshing out passenger floor!!

Thanks Mike!