Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

MMCS - bluetooth phone issues

Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 PM
Angry MMCS - bluetooth phone issues

Just got my ASX and am having number of issues with the MMCS - mainly with the bluetooth. Has anyone encountered similar problems and is there a fix available? I have lodged a complaint with the dealership in Brisbane, Australia

1. Phone – inability to use it in a hands free mode
2. Phone – inability to dial out directly. The following steps are needed:
a. Select menu
b. Select phone book
c. Select person
d. Select phone number (could be more than number)
e. Select call
f. The system then asks you if you are sure???????
g. Select yes
3. Phone – even with the phone number selected, one still needs to press the call on the MMCS – the buttons on the steering column are not active through the operation as noted in bullet point 2a - 2g inclusive.
4. Phone – lack of voice recognition capability. When VR (speech)switch is selected, the following happens:
a. There is no voice recognition capability
b. No commands are recognised
c. Cannot dial using the “dial” or “call” commands
d. “Help” command is also not recognised
5. Phone – the phone does not charge with the cable provided. The cable will only play the music from the iphone when connected
6. Phone – the music will not stream via blue tooth
Any help appreciated, Louis

Old 02-15-2011, 11:53 PM

Hi LouisASX,

I've bought an Outlander with the same MMCS issues that you're having.. I can't get the voice control to even let me into the "voice training" mode to program the commands.

Wondering if you've had any luck with a solution to this? I wonder if a factory reset will help?

Old 02-16-2011, 02:28 AM

I sent an email to the dealer to forward on to Mitsubishi (with the info above) and am still waiting to hear back. I will follow up as it is well over a month now with no reply. As i understand you can only do voice training in the maps area. I have not tried this though.

Old 02-16-2011, 04:48 AM
Default hello

thanks buddy to share such good thing.............

Old 02-17-2011, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by LouisASX
I sent an email to the dealer to forward on to Mitsubishi (with the info above) and am still waiting to hear back. I will follow up as it is well over a month now with no reply. As i understand you can only do voice training in the maps area. I have not tried this though.
Okay so after posting on here yesterday, I did a bit of researching and I found that there is an official Mitsubishi disclaimer that basically says if you have navigation on your MMCS, the voice controls will only work for the navi and not the bluetooth. By choosing the the navi option, you make your bluetooth voice control redundant.. If you click on the Lancer or Outlander series brochures on their website, it has it as a little asterisk comment stating this..

So basically, until Mitsubishi come up with an MMCS software upgrade or something similar, we can't use voice controls for bluetooth.. Which is seriously pathetic IMHO!

Regardless, let us know how you get on with your dealer eh..

Old 08-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Default MMCS Bluetooth issues

Originally Posted by jgaweed
Okay so after posting on here yesterday, I did a bit of researching and I found that there is an official Mitsubishi disclaimer that basically says if you have navigation on your MMCS, the voice controls will only work for the navi and not the bluetooth. By choosing the the navi option, you make your bluetooth voice control redundant.. If you click on the Lancer or Outlander series brochures on their website, it has it as a little asterisk comment stating this..

So basically, until Mitsubishi come up with an MMCS software upgrade or something similar, we can't use voice controls for bluetooth.. Which is seriously pathetic IMHO!

Regardless, let us know how you get on with your dealer eh..
Well its been a while since this thread not sure if you heard anything from dealer but would love to hear if any issues have been solved as I too have all the same issues
Thanks

Old 08-17-2011, 03:13 PM
Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Default MMCS Bluetooth audio streaming

Hi All - new member from Melbourne, Australia here.

In a similar topic to this thread, is anyone able to confirm or deny whether I can stream audio via bluetooth from my iphone 4S to my MMCS equipped Outlander XLS Lux pack ? Also does the genuine Mitsubishi dealer accessory ipod connector lead integrate and charge the iphone 4S, as I've heard rumours it does not.

I also cannot seem to transfer the phonebook contacts... it would not work using my old Nokia either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Andy (PomXLS)

Last edited by PomXLS; 11-02-2011 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by s444rx
Well its been a while since this thread not sure if you heard anything from dealer but would love to hear if any issues have been solved as I too have all the same issues
Thanks
I tried asking the dealer to update the MMCS with no luck. Mitsubishi do not have a very good support system - in fact none for the MMCS

Old 11-04-2011, 09:11 PM

I tried going to the dealer with the information you sent and the response was "this upgrade is not available in AU"

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: MMCS - bluetooth phone issues