Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

MMCS - bluetooth phone issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by PomXLS
Hi All - new member from Melbourne, Australia here.

In a similar topic to this thread, is anyone able to confirm or deny whether I can stream audio via bluetooth from my iphone 4S to my MMCS equipped Outlander XLS Lux pack ? Also does the genuine Mitsubishi dealer accessory ipod connector lead integrate and charge the iphone 4S, as I've heard rumours it does not.

I also cannot seem to transfer the phonebook contacts... it would not work using my old Nokia either.

Any help or advice would be appreciated,

Cheers,
Andy (PomXLS)
The MMCS is not good with the Apple phones. It will not download the contacts and you cannot stream music via the blue tooth. The original lead for the Iphone also is useless in the fact it does not charge the phone and is only suitable for playing music. I had to change the lead which enabled me to charge the phone. I also installed an "over ride" system to allow me to make phone calls when driving. Unfortunately, it still means selecting the contact on the phone but the call is "handsfree" after that. The voice commands do not work with the phone only with the navigation system - I do not have use for this and have not tried it.

Old 12-21-2011, 10:40 PM

I have an iPhone 4s. All you have to do is use the bluetooth,(which works in my outlander sport with navi) to stream your music. Then when you want to make a call just use Siri. It works through the hands free system allowing you to access all the functions of your phone. Of course this only works if you have a 4s. Hope this helps

Old 12-22-2011, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by LouisASX
The MMCS is not good with the Apple phones. It will not download the contacts and you cannot stream music via the blue tooth. The original lead for the Iphone also is useless in the fact it does not charge the phone and is only suitable for playing music. I had to change the lead which enabled me to charge the phone. I also installed an "over ride" system to allow me to make phone calls when driving. Unfortunately, it still means selecting the contact on the phone but the call is "handsfree" after that. The voice commands do not work with the phone only with the navigation system - I do not have use for this and have not tried it.
This might be true for you. But I have found that the 4S works just fine with the MMCS once the patch was applied. Bluetooth audio streaming works fine, and so does playing directly through the MMCS. Charging also works just fine. My only issue is that it takes quite awhile for the playlist to be transferred to the MMCS.

I have a 2011 Outlander XLS MMCS factory installed.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:16 PM

nice tips and informative tips thanks I like it very much

Old 01-02-2012, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by codetrap
This might be true for you. But I have found that the 4S works just fine with the MMCS once the patch was applied. Bluetooth audio streaming works fine, and so does playing directly through the MMCS. Charging also works just fine. My only issue is that it takes quite awhile for the playlist to be transferred to the MMCS.

I have a 2011 Outlander XLS MMCS factory installed.
I'm assuming you're in the US and not Australia ? Your MMCS units are different to our ones!

Where would I find info on the 'patch' and if it available in Australia ?

Old 04-19-2012, 01:47 PM

I purchased a Pajero platinum yesterday with the mmsc system Went to connect my iPhone 4 using Bluetooth. It paired ok, but will not download my phone book and also won't enable me to make a call using voice recognition. I have notified the dealer and they are looking into it. Is there a firmware update available ?

Old 04-19-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by PomXLS
I'm assuming you're in the US and not Australia ? Your MMCS units are different to our ones!

Where would I find info on the 'patch' and if it available in Australia ?
I'm in Canada. I would have assumed that the patch made by fuse would be world wide, and for all their products. Talk to your dealer, and then talk to Mitsubishi Customer Service if you have to.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 AM

I purchased a Pajero Platinum version 3 days ago. I have an iPhone 4. I am unable to use voice recognition to make a phone call using Bluetooth voice recognition. I am also Missing items from the info menu. I also can't download my phone book. I think we have the basic version in Australia.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:30 AM

Like most I have trouble with the voice recognition not working as I have sat-nav. However has anyone come up with a way to download your phone contacts from a iphone 4 to the MMCS ?
Thanks

Old 09-10-2012, 06:13 PM

I have an iPhone 4S. I imported the phone book by going into the fuse voice menu, choosing phone book and import a contact. Then I was asked if I wanted to import all contacts or just one.

Quick Reply: MMCS - bluetooth phone issues