Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

MMCS - bluetooth phone issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 01:25 AM

I am glad i am not the only one having probs,(Sorry) i have gone almost mad trying to get all of the above working in my three weeks old ASX Aspire, if Mitsu cant fix it then they should not sell it. however i see the reference to the FUSE menu and things about patches? i will be going in for the 1500 service next week and any info i can stick them with will help...... please

Old 10-28-2012, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by LouisASX
Just got my ASX and am having number of issues with the MMCS - mainly with the bluetooth. Has anyone encountered similar problems and is there a fix available? I have lodged a complaint with the dealership in Brisbane, Australia

1. Phone – inability to use it in a hands free mode
2. Phone – inability to dial out directly. The following steps are needed:
a. Select menu
b. Select phone book
c. Select person
d. Select phone number (could be more than number)
e. Select call
f. The system then asks you if you are sure???????
g. Select yes
3. Phone – even with the phone number selected, one still needs to press the call on the MMCS – the buttons on the steering column are not active through the operation as noted in bullet point 2a - 2g inclusive.
4. Phone – lack of voice recognition capability. When VR (speech)switch is selected, the following happens:
a. There is no voice recognition capability
b. No commands are recognised
c. Cannot dial using the “dial” or “call” commands
d. “Help” command is also not recognised
5. Phone – the phone does not charge with the cable provided. The cable will only play the music from the iphone when connected
6. Phone – the music will not stream via blue tooth
Any help appreciated, Louis
I just bought an Australian 2012 Outlander VRX with the same MMCS issue. The voice recognisation only works for the Navigation Maps and not Phone.

The issues only applies to AUSTRALIAN MMCS and not overseas. Oveaseas (e.g USA, Canada, etc) have a different version of MMCS. It seems the NON AUSTRALIAN MMCS have bluetooth music streaming.

Therefore, anyone out there in Australia have the same issues with their Australian MMCS and any fix for this?.