Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Type I or Type II?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Default Type I or Type II?

Hello everyone. I've been a Chrysler tech for many years, and just bought a 92 2.0 Turbo Eclipse with a manual trans for my sonwithout going through old books can anyone tell me if this is a I or a II type turbo motor? Also what abreveations do you use for this drivetrain combo.? THanks

Old 03-03-2006, 12:09 AM
Default RE: Type I or Type II?

where are you geting I or II motors? If the car is a early model 92 it is a 6 bolt 4G63 later than that it is a 7 bolt 4G63 and the car is a 1G eclipse if that helps at all

Old 03-03-2006, 12:22 AM

In sorry to say Daytona's, Spirits, Type I had all cast bottom ends. Type II had some forged parts, and were obviously the more desireable. I don't claim to know a ton about these motors, but as you can quess have put a ton of headgaskets, and cam seals in them living in Wisconsin. I appreciate your help. THANKS

Old 03-03-2006, 12:34 AM

ORIGINAL: mattsride

In sorry to say Daytona's, Spirits, Type I had all cast bottom ends. Type II had some forged parts, and were obviously the more desireable. I don't claim to know a ton about these motors, but as you can quess have put a ton of headgaskets, and cam seals in them living in Wisconsin. I appreciate your help. THANKS
Iw asnt sure what Type I or II even ment. I dont think the eclipse has forged internals but I may be wrong since I have never looked into the bottom end of them or my EVO yet for that matter. some day down the road I will research it all when I is important to my needs. So there I guess im not to much help[:-]

Old 03-03-2006, 12:35 AM

I don't know or claim to know, but maybe the Mitsubishi motors didn't have these differences, and this was a Chrysler only specification. I really appreciate all the help I get! THANKS AGAIN!

Old 03-03-2006, 12:42 AM

I don't know or claim to know, but maybe the Mitsubishi motors didn't have these differences, and this was a Chrysler only specification. I really appreciate all the help I get! THANKS AGAIN!
well the DSM eclipse turbo motor was a Mitsu\Chryster motor if you work at a chystler dealer it shouldnt be hard to find what you need, I mean the 7 bolt bottom end was all chrystler built. But the car never had a type I or II choice if that matters to you??!!??

Old 03-03-2006, 12:56 AM

I appreciate your patience. I think it's becoming obvious to me the type I or II was something from Chrysler in it's Mopar Performance section. It may be worth anyones time to investigate what they have to offer for these cars as far as performance parts calling for the parts for a turbo Laser. Thanks for the 4G63 though!

Old 03-03-2006, 01:03 AM

I appreciate your patience. I think it's becoming obvious to me the type I or II was something from Chrysler in it's Mopar Performance section. It may be worth anyones time to investigate what they have to offer for these cars as far as performance parts calling for the parts for a turbo Laser. Thanks for the 4G63 though!
Laser, Eclipse, and Talon all are the same. If you need stock parts all 3 are candidates they share the same heart and brains. and the 4G63 you got it but it might be worth your while to find out if you got the 7 bolt or the 6 bolt. the 7 has a known problem causeing the crank to walk. just search crankwalk if you dont know about that problem in the 4G63 7 bolt and we have some info scattered around the site and I also did a quick research on it and some swap solutions to cure it and that write up is here https://mitsubishiforum.com/m_42332/tm.htm and there is a link to a big indepth write up on the crankwalk deal

Old 03-03-2006, 01:06 AM

The car in it's stock form is more than enough for my son, but if you were to pick the first upgrade, what would you all choose? THANKS

Old 03-03-2006, 09:29 AM

The car in it's stock form is more than enough for my son, but if you were to pick the first upgrade, what would you all choose? THANKS
Full 3 inch exhaust MBC boost gauge run 15-16PSI intake Bov. all good things to start with