Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!

Warning Light "Service Required"

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:05 PM
Default Warning Light "Service Required"

Hello everyone, I have a 2015 Lancer AWC and I just switched from my winter tires on steels, to my summer tires on alloys. After a day or so this light came on...(Not my picture but same light) I first thought it was tire pressure so I checked and they were all fine, so I started doing some research into it and it looks like it is for TPMS but I am not sure. Does anybody have any insight to this? It has been on for a couple of days.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:02 AM

It certainly looks TPMS related...It could be that the sensors are not being recognized by the computer...never had this problem..I have my winters on steelies as well...maybe a trip to the dealer? might be just a simple programming thing...Good Luck...let us know what it was if possible.

Old 05-29-2016, 11:38 AM

Thats what I was thinking, something programming related. As my tire pressure is all fine, and wheels all torqued correctly. I am just a little nervous taking it to the dealership because I did the changeover myself and i havent had the car for a year yet....not sure what they will say about that anyone have experience with that?
Originally Posted by Lancerguy2013
It certainly looks TPMS related...It could be that the sensors are not being recognized by the computer...never had this problem..I have my winters on steelies as well...maybe a trip to the dealer? might be just a simple programming thing...Good Luck...let us know what it was if possible.

Old 05-29-2016, 03:53 PM

The fact you did it yourself should have no bearing...I would think. I have always had my winter/summer changeovers done at independent tire shops...I live in a condo.. so not doing it myself.

The summer tires (with sensors) never failed to turn the idiot light off that I had to look at all winter. I would just take it in and let them look at it...the car is under warranty after all,...including the TPMS system and related components...AFAIK..