Everything else Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue that doesnt fit into the other categories?? Ask it here!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird clicking sound (lancer gts 2010)

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 06:45 PM
Default weird clicking sound (lancer gts 2010)

hi guys/gals. As tittle stated . my car is a "lancer gts 2010" about 2 weeks ago . i started up my car then i started hearing a weird click sound on the left side of the steering wheel(it almost sounds electrical), it sound like it was coming from under a.c vent left side. then on the middle lcd display it started get all this weird errors as if its runing threw a check up or something idk. after all that , my engine check light pops up. does anyone have an idea of what happend?

p.s
i have no modes, mileage on car about 31000k. thanks in advance

Old 07-30-2015, 07:15 PM

There's relays and stuff under the dash that could be clicking, not sure that's related to the check engine light though..

What weird errors did it get?

Ideally you should find out what code the computer has set and go from there.. If you don't have a scan tool I would take it to an auto parts store and have them read out the codes and post back...

Old 07-31-2015, 12:27 AM

spoke to a buddy, he told me it could be the car battery, since its 5 years old and still has stock battery. the errors that showed was things like, car was overheating, need to check oil, all doors are open, ect ,ect this happend while i started driving. seem as if the car is like rebooting or something. hopefully thats the problem and nothing worse. wondering if anyone esle ever experienced that befor.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:20 PM

Actually I have had like ABS, SRS, 4wd errors on the dash when my battery was running low...

5 years is a long time for a battery... Do you have a voltmeter? You can check the voltage on the battery with it running and off and:

A) make sure it's charging (Should be between 13.9-14.6 volts running)
B) see how much/low it drops during starting (Should not go under 10v while cranking)
C) see how much it drops just sitting overnight (Should be around 12.8-13 fully charged and shouldn't drop below 12.6 after sitting for a few hours with everything off)

You can also take it to a parts store and they should be able to load test your battery probably for free.

If it was happening while your were driving I'd be weary of the alternator as well...
Might want to check them both.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:50 PM

ya 5 years is long time , still factory battery in it lol. sadly i dont have a voltmeter. i really hope its not the alternator and its just a battery issuse. also apparently theirs a recall 09-10 lancers . so i made a schedule with the dealer to have them fix that problem and have them look at the rest of the car. thanks for the replay/help so-fare Guyfromhe, really appreciate it.

p.s heres link on recall , i also got a letter too
Recall Roundup: Nearly 180K Vehicles Headed Back to Mitsubishi, Chrysler Dealers | J.D. Power

Old 07-31-2015, 08:11 PM

My OEM battery in my 2010 stopped holding a charge last Oct. Car wouldn't start after a night in the garage in cold weather. Threw a new battery in there and it's been perfect ever since.

Does it ever seems like it takes a long time to crank or anything or seems to have trouble starting?

I just got that ETACS recall and one for my faulty blower motor about a month ago... I just had it in for verification today and they have ordered the replacement parts.

That probably isn't related to your problems though.. That system controls the lights, wipers, locks, etc. If that stuff is all working though it probably will get replaced it likely is not the cause of your problems.

You should buy yourself a voltmeter... You can get them at any hardware store and they are usually less than $20... They are very handy tools to have around.

At the very least take it to a parts store and they should be able to load test your battery for free.

I wouldn't worry too much about the alternator at this point though.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:28 PM

haven't had it struggle when i started it up, lol the engine check light disappear this morning. that's so weird. still gonna the dealer take a look at it when i can. to see whats up with that

Old 08-03-2015, 02:22 PM

I'd still question the battery at this point.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:52 PM

Me also,hoping its just that, with easy fix. but ya gonna have the dealer differently check on that