Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Front swap (not engine) of 2006 Lancer waggon (CS9W) to EVO VIII, is it possible?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Default Front swap (not engine) of 2006 Lancer waggon (CS9W) to EVO VIII, is it possible?

Hi fellow Mitsubishi enthusiasts.

I have just recentlybought a 2006 2.0 Lancer waggon.
And now many of my friends say that the frontof the EVO 8 is "bolt on" on the model I have just bought.
Given that the headlights are the only thing on the cs9w that im not that much into,
this information has lit a flare in me (in a goodway), since I very much like the headlights on the EVO VIII.

So the idea of just taking the front bumper, headlights, hood and fenders froman EVO VIII,
and just mount them on my Lancer, "Bolt on" has intrigued me quite a lot. that’s like less than adays work, that’s a piece of cake right?

Just to be sure, I started googleling it, then I googled some more, and abit more.
And to my surprise, I haven’t been able to find any hard evidence, towhether this claim is actually true :-(
Lucky for me, I have found this forum, and I figured of all the places outthere, this must be the place to ask about this.

So my question is as follows:
Is the front bumper, headlights, hood and fenders from an EVOVIII Bolt-on to a 2006 2.0 Lancers wagon (CS9W)
or is there more needed forthis to work, if so what? And is it even Bolt-on as several has claimed to meit is?

Hope to find some experts here that can help me in my quest, hopefully someonewho has got experience with a similar swap.
Even just some links would be veryuseful.
Sorry if my grammar is a little of, I'm from Denmark, so Englishis not my native tongue.

An no, I cant just buy a CT9W in stead, its darn expensive, and it doesn't exist in Denmark