Exterior Talk about your rims, body kits, and other exterior mods here.

Trying to give my eclipse old school style

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Default Trying to give my eclipse old school style

I need some advise or opinions about my idea. I have a '93 Eclipse and although I like the stock three piece wing, it doesn't stand far back enough in my opinion. I had a Drift body kit which I'm molding onto the car and am in the process of getting APR carbon fiber mirrors. I want to put an aftermarket spoiler and was thinking about aluminum or carbon fiber for performance reasons ( I have a problem going speed limit) but I want to build something that's not trendy and will look good later on. I saw a wing for Cavalier's on the RKSport website and was wondering it it would look good on my eclipse. It's almost like the stock wing on my eclipse except its a one piece and sticks out twice as far. Think Nascar, but fiberglass and with a brake light. I think giving it an old muscle car feel will be different from the rest of the cars out there.

Old 10-05-2004, 06:33 PM
Default RE: Trying to give my eclipse old school style

Does it stick out farther or go higher? I know the NASCAR spoilers stick up, but don't stick out too far. Is it more like an older model Porsche 911 wing? If so, I don't know about that, I guess it is just personel preferance. I don't really like the 3 piece wing on my 91 and am wanting another one that will go up and over, not stick out over the back of the car.

This is what I want

Is this the kind you are talking about?

That doesn't look to bad.

Old 10-06-2004, 10:07 AM

The wing I'm talking about is on RKSport.com. http://www.rksport.com/product/p_02018100/view_detail If you go through the pics of the cavalier, you can see the wing i'm talking about. I'd post a pic, but it's not letting me. You can't tell in the pic, but there's a third brake light. I look at it this way, If you want your car to stand out, get something that is different and spend the extra time to make it fit. Let me know what you think.

Old 10-06-2004, 07:38 PM

u talkin about the pro stock wing? personally i like it, it would look better a little farther back, but yea, it would look pretty cool....... will def. give you a low profile drift look......

Old 10-08-2004, 12:58 PM

Ok, yeah. That does look good. When you said NASCAR I thought about there spoilers that stick almost straight up My bad! LOL

Old 12-12-2004, 05:07 PM

Yea, I like low key. You could also move your stock one back, people do that on the 94-98 mustangs and it actually makes a big difference.

Old 01-27-2005, 04:15 PM

just dont go aluminum and say its for perfomance reasons cause for 1. You have a GS and they arnt fast and 2. Wings are for RWD cars and yours is FWD.

and on the wing "To each his own"

Old 01-27-2005, 05:37 PM

Not 100% true, my wing kicked in at 130+ mph, trust me, LOL. But yeah, I don't like to see mega-giant 12' aluminun sheets hangin off the back of a 50's bmw, or some caddy boat. But, as in all things in life, it's truely up to the person who own the vehicle, and likes what they like. If other ppl try to call bad on ya, f*** em, ya know? As for me, I'm gonna keep my exterior stock for the most part. I might buy some diffrent headlights, but the rest will stay the same.