issue with unlocking doors (drivers side)..hlp pls!

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2015, 03:42 PM
Default issue with unlocking doors (drivers side)..hlp pls!

Hi gang, it's been almost a month now that this started. if i want to lock/unlock with key fob, it works. If i want to do the same on pass. side door, no problem. On the drivers side door, i can only lock the doors but not unlock. It's very strange. I took out and opened the control box, sprayed contact cleaner…nothing. I even got a used control box, exact same thing.
I'm thinking now that it might be wiring harness or electrical issue. Anyone experience the same thing?
I was thinking of maybe doing a battery unplug, do reset the computer inside?

The only thing that comes to mind is that around the same time it started doing this, 3 times i couldn't unlock door with fob, so i used the key and alarm rang. could it have "locked" the door system maybe?
thanks
fab

Old 09-05-2016, 11:55 AM

It is an old thread, how did you solve your problem?

Look what problem I've got on Outlander 2013 (<3y old):

I press the lock button on my fob. The tail gate+3doors lock except the driver door. You pool a handle and it opens up. The lights blink which usually is a confirmation that all doors are properly closed.

Sometimes it works sometime not. People say I have to check driver door cabling for poor contact/connection. Remarkably this fault appear after my recent 3rd servicing where ECU and probably ETACS software has been updated by the workshop.