Radiator Fan continueos running

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 04:31 AM
Default Radiator Fan continueos running

My car Mitusubishi lance model 2005 radiator fan running when i insert the key and on without starting even engine is cool, also running engine runnig it is not doing auto cut

Old 11-28-2008, 02:45 AM
Default RE: Radiator Fan continueos running

i got the same issue on my 05 Lancer ES. i havent resolved it yet. please try the relay first if it is bad then i think the next thing would be the Fan control module, or the coolant temperature sensor located in the engine block. let me know any updates. will keep you posted since i am going to call the dealetship tomorrow morning.

Old 11-30-2008, 04:44 AM

I changed the relay,coolant temperature sensor located in the engine block but it is not solved. Where is located the fan control module. can you post the picture of the module and location of the module

Old 11-30-2008, 10:27 AM

if you have not done any stuffs off your engine then the coolant temperature sensor in the engine block should last and not be replaced. but if you did good. anyway i dont have the picture of the FCM (fan control module),

since you have the same car as mine. our radiator have two fans right? the condenser fan is small one on the right and the radiator fan is the one on the left, the big one nearest to the battery. back track from the fan motor and you could see the wires of it going to a box located/screwed on the upper part of the radiator fan ( the fan on the left) this is the FAn control module. to make sure it is this. the two sets of wires coming from the fans should be attached to this and another plug is going to the ECM (electronic control module). you might want to take out the air scoop from the MAF air flow so you will have more space of working.

let me know if this solved your problem

Old 11-30-2008, 12:39 PM

check ur tstat

Old 11-30-2008, 07:10 PM

i dont think it is the thermostat since it only open when the coolant gets hot. it does not have any relation in terms of the fan having on full blast.

i am for sure it is the Fan control module. my friend who works on a mitsubishi dealer fixed this problem for me. save yourself some money and replace it asap rather than to have your fan motor blown out and you are looking to change the whole radiator assembly.

Old 11-30-2008, 07:46 PM

ur tstat controls when the coolant flows and when the coolant flows the fans run...if ur tstat is stuck open the coolant always flows and the fans stay on... ive never heard of it causin the fans to b on immediately when u turn the key on but its worth lookin at...shouldnt take to long to take the housing off and look at it

Old 11-30-2008, 09:10 PM

just to correct you kweef, the tstat works mechanically by opening the valve when the coolant temperature hits a specific degrees, this does not means that the fan will turn on simultenaouslysince it run electronically, i.e, when you are driving on the freeway at 60mph the air flow from the front of the car acts as a thermal inductor thus it does not make the fans blow, that is why radiators are designed to be in front or sometimes with the help of scoops for air flows when it has a RR platform.
the only 2 things i suspect on this would be the FCM or the Coolant temp sensor.

Old 11-30-2008, 09:41 PM

i know how the tstat works wit the wax pellet and spring and i know how the fans work as well. the temp sensor sends the pcm the temp and the pcm tells the fans to turn on when the set temperature is reached. my first thought was the temp sensor as well because when the sensor goes to hell it sends the pcm into failsafe and it automatically turns the fans on to protect the engine. It has been my experience (never worked on a lancer so im jsut tryin to offer my mechanical experience) that when the tstat allows the constant flow the pcm does the same thing and automatically turns the fans on...i do not know if mitsubishi's do this as well as i have never worked on one

Old 12-10-2008, 04:24 AM

I changed the Fan control module. Now the fan working proberly and solve the problem. Thanks lot you to help me for solve the problem.

Quick Reply: Radiator Fan continueos running