Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

which exhaust is better???

Old 05-10-2006, 09:15 PM
Default which exhaust is better???

I'm debating on a greddy evo 2 or invidia exhaust for my 2000 GT. I've seen a couple of evo 2's in person and like the look and sound at a stand still. I know that i dont want a ricey sound to it, I have an injen intake in now but want more...i like the deeper sound of the greddy and have herd the invidia but not on an eclipse. I want sound performance and looks all in one...which one is best? Any sound clips of both exhaust on an eclipse???

Old 05-10-2006, 09:51 PM
Default RE: which exhaust is better???

Invidia is my personaly Fav for the GT 3g....I used to have invidia on my GT and if you want loud and deep invidia is awsome if you want quiet and smooth go with Greddy EVO. I say invidia is my favorite it sounds great

Old 05-10-2006, 10:21 PM

Thanks, any sound clips???because i was also wondering if the invidia sounds ricy,like when you say loud do you mean like loud and mean or like loud n ricy plus i live in Virginia and the cops are dicks around here so will i have any trouble with them if i go with invidia?

Old 05-10-2006, 10:27 PM

You see I want to be able to hear it when im at a stand still but really be known when i punch it...cop trouble doesnt really bother me but will it pass emissions and all that stuff and does it come with a silencer? Also did you have headers with your old GT,if so which brand?

Old 05-11-2006, 01:15 AM

Its far from ricy..... I had a few people say they thought my car was turbod by teh way the exhaust note was. I would never in a million years drive a car that sounds like rice

Old 05-11-2006, 05:03 PM

Haha thanks man...i think you just about sold me on it. I'm gonna go with the invidia, I've looked around n it should be around $520 or so right??? where is the best place to get it from and for the best price...I'm just 18 years old so my wallet isn't like that yet...I'ma have to work for it but the satifaction of the sound n performance is determination enough.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:33 PM

I got mine from CMF for $450 I think but it was a group buy

Old 05-11-2006, 09:29 PM

What is CMF? and what is and how do group buys work? is it your buying a whole bunch of products for your car or your buying with someone else or somethin totally different?Help me out man "i'm new to all of this haha.Your help has been much appreciated soo far.Thanks

Old 05-12-2006, 12:33 AM

CMF is a company, custom Motor fabrication or something like that.

A group buy is when a group of members on a forum all buy the same product from the same vendor and the vendor gives a price break depending on the # of buyers. For example the Invidia exhaust was retailed at $600 when I was buying mine. CMFs group buy siad for 5 people it would be $525 and 10 people $450 and that is what happend we got 10 buyers.

This forum doesnt have any group buys but for you car look into Tearstone.com Club3g.com and\or neweclipse.org. I only would go there to buy if you cant find what you want from here

Old 05-14-2006, 11:44 PM

Thanks EMonz, I was looking around this site and I saw that someone brought a Evo II and they werent happy with the sound(not loud enough). So i think I finally made my decision on Invidia, quick questions tho?does it come with a silencer or not?and can I install it myself?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: which exhaust is better???