Intake, Headers and Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

What type of intake and headers should i get for my 02' Lancer OZ rally

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Default What type of intake and headers should i get for my 02' Lancer OZ rally

Hey, everyone!
I am buying my first car, one of my dads friends gave me an AEM cold air intake. But, i would really like some info from the "pros", what type of intake and headers will have the best power output for my engine. its just stock, and i am getting a borla exhaust, yay, or nay?!

anyway, thanks for the info, i'll be checking back in, and links would be great if you could find any...

Old 12-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned
Default RE: What type of intake and headers should i get for my 02' Lancer OZ rally

Honestly, they give you so little horse power, you wont even notice it. The only people that are going to notice it, are cops. They will be on your *** like a hawk. So, your only going to get sound out of it.

You will be much better off if you save up your cash for something a little better. Money you put into this car, you will not get back. Mods dont add value to a car. This is one of the many missconceptions of modding.

What is your take on it?

Old 12-25-2007, 08:29 PM
Default RE: What type of intake and headers should i get for my 02' Lancer OZ rally

i know it won't add any value to my car, i just want bette performance. see, i'm not going to street race or anything i just like better performance, handling and gasmilage, i want my first car to bea good one. so i need ideas for some performance mods that won't cost to much, i'm not the moneytree man you know. 02 rally with cold air intake, any idea's??

Old 12-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Banned

The cold air intake is actually the only thing i would bother with. Anything else is just pointless. Oh, do you have a lot of deep water/puddles where you are at?Because the intake filter sits really low down in the bumper, and if it sucks up the water, your motor is toast.

Suspension mods are good. I would stick with that : )

Old 12-25-2007, 08:49 PM

yes i do, can that ruin my car? what can i do to prevent that?

Old 12-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Banned

Yes it can. Think about it this way, the engine is compressing air thousands of times a minute at about 180psi, you cant compress water. So whenwater gets in there, it tries to compress it, and because the engine is already moving, all the rotational force comes to a sudden stop. Thats an incredible amount of energy. Needless to say, the chances of your engine being fine, is slim to none.

Ways you can prevent this are, getting a short ram intake, or putting a 'hydro cover' on the end of the filter. Its like a little bag thing that Injen makes, it prevents water from getting into it.

Old 12-25-2007, 08:54 PM

oh, alright, is that a problem with the GSX's though?

Old 12-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Banned

No they are turbo charged, and they dont have cold air intakes. Plus, the actual intake on the turbo sits a lot higher. You would have to be in the ocean in order for it to suck up water lol

Old 12-25-2007, 09:00 PM

oh, i didn't know they were turbos?! awesome, all the better, now i don't have to waste money on it..

Old 12-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Banned

Yessir : ) Thats how they make the power.

Quick Reply: What type of intake and headers should i get for my 02' Lancer OZ rally