Interior Wiring Discuss everything in the car here, from boost controllers to custom wiring.

2004 Endeavor Drivers Door Power Lock/Window Issues

Old 01-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Default 2004 Endeavor Drivers Door Power Lock/Window Issues

Hello. I recently sold our above vehicle to our daughter. I do remember at the time that she got it that the power lock button would not work on drivers door. It would lock as well as other doors from passenger side. I could not find the problem at that point. Now the Window control switches for all 4 windows will not work from driver's side. They all work individually but not from driver's side. The switch for outside mirrors function as it should but different connector. I took out switch box and took apart to examine switches on circuit board. They all seem to function as they should. I cleaned connectors with alcohol but no help. I also tried moving rubber boot over wiring between door and frame but could not get any of the switches to function. Is it possible that this may be a switch issue? Or would it more than likely be wiring issue in between door and frame. How would I test the switch to see if it is working? I have read on line the procedure to enable the wiring harness to be disconnected below dash on side. By removing door panel and speaker you can fish the assembly through the door panel without having to butcher the rubber boot. Just didn't want to go through that at this time until I knew if it was switch or not. Thanks for any help or feedback!

Old 01-18-2017, 06:48 PM
Default More Info

Would it be possible to have passenger door lock able to lock all doors with a broken wire between the driver's door switch and vehicle? I ask this as I could not get any of the switches to work or make any sound of functioning while moving the rubber boot covering the wiring. I also had a friend check switches with multi-tester. The switches didn't seem to work while the master box was intact. However, after removing the screws and cover to expose the circuit board and individual switches on the board. We tested the individual switches for the driver's window and power lock. They tested working fine. So wondering if this may be a master switch with bad circuit board making it necessary to replace the master switch?? Thanks!

Old 08-05-2021, 01:59 AM
Default possible fix to door problem

Hello, i'm new here and first post. i'm probably answering a really old post but i think its important to put the info here. majority of the posts i have read so far did not have a conclusion.
i dont own a Mitsubishi cars but i grew up around them where i am from.
i have a friend who i am helping out fixing her car the last two years, a 2004 Endeavor. i think its a great SUV. it could use a few change to the looks but seems to perform solidly overall.
So, i came across a possible fix for the door and it seems the same circuit is used in many mitsubishi vehicles. i'll post a link to the video here in case you are handy enough to investigate your issue.
In this case, the driver door lock switch would not unlock but would lock. passenger side works fine and all the power locks work fine.
Good Luck!
pyro

Last edited by mitsupyro; 08-05-2021 at 02:03 AM. Reason: clarity