Mitsubishi 3000GT During it's production run, and after, the 3000GT was a pure sports car offering forced induction and all wheel drive, as well as smooth aerodynamic styling.

3000gt mods

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2007, 10:47 PM
Default 3000gt mods

i'm thinking of putting some mods onto my 1993 3000gt. i dont want to go crazy with turbos so i was thinking of just working on intake and exhaust. in mind, i want to put in the injen short ram intake, headers, and maybe a borla exhaust. does anyone know of any other good mods that go well with the 3000gt for better performance???

Old 03-21-2007, 12:49 AM
Default RE: 3000gt mods

borla exhaust is alright , i just dont like the visual aspect of it. i dont like the way the tips look. i gota custom magnaflow catback on my 95 sl. i bought my intake on 3sx. its a lil pricy but you pay for quality. you can get an unotthodox underdrive pully kit.that might make a lil improvement in performance. i personally dont have it though so i wouldnt know from experiance. headers would definetly make an improvment. im lookin into gettin headers myself off of 3sx.com...which by the way is the best website for our kind of people.(3s people)

Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 PM

The easiest and cheapest way to improve performance is to buy a test pipe. Easy install and you will definitely feel the difference.

Old 03-21-2007, 04:05 PM

the only thing is they are illegal, and wont pass inspection

Old 03-21-2007, 09:48 PM

ok. i got a test pipe on my car. it made a lil difference but you wont be overwhelmed. its a good start though. you gotta free up that air. yea its illegal but who cares. i never even put my car through emissions. thats prolly becuase i live in washington though.

Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 AM

I have done several mods to my 93. so things I have found on ebay and other sites like 3sx.com like one of the other guys mention. I have just purchase the hard piping kit for the stock inter coolers (EBay)for 300.00. I am also on a budget. You can by this chip which I have on the mass air sensor at this web site GForce High Performance Chips at Wholesale Prices. you can also eliminate the factory air filter box and install high flow filters, change the intake piping to the turbos. I have purchase a set of pulse stars spark plugs to install but have not done so yet. I've notice one thing about the headers, (i got mines from DN Performance very pricy but worth it) the temp of the engine bay will increase because you will have no heat shields on the headers like you do with factory. So I am thinking installing a racing radiator(two core) maybe this will help in keeping the engine cooler while stuck in traffic and not moving. I'm also thinking about lowering the car a half inch or so for handling. you can try the things that I've mention here.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by BlackKat52
I have done several mods to my 93. so things I have found on ebay and other sites like 3sx.com like one of the other guys mention. I have just purchase the hard piping kit for the stock inter coolers (EBay)for 300.00. I am also on a budget. You can by this chip which I have on the mass air sensor at this web site GForce High Performance Chips at Wholesale Prices. you can also eliminate the factory air filter box and install high flow filters, change the intake piping to the turbos. I have purchase a set of pulse stars spark plugs to install but have not done so yet. I've notice one thing about the headers, (i got mines from DN Performance very pricy but worth it) the temp of the engine bay will increase because you will have no heat shields on the headers like you do with factory. So I am thinking installing a racing radiator(two core) maybe this will help in keeping the engine cooler while stuck in traffic and not moving. I'm also thinking about lowering the car a half inch or so for handling. you can try the things that I've mention here.
you realize you just got scammed, right?

There's no such thing as chips for these cars.

And, you're replying to a thread that is over 5 years old.

Old 07-12-2012, 01:34 AM

no I didn't know. Have you gone to the site to check it out for yourself? Did not read the site date.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by BlackKat52
no I didn't know. Have you gone to the site to check it out for yourself? Did not read the site date.
I don't have to go to the site to check it out, I know what they claim, it's been around for years. You can not chip these cars. It does ABSOLUTELY nothing to your horsepower or fuel economy. It is 100% a rip-off scam.

Old 05-28-2013, 11:55 PM
Default THESE cars

Originally Posted by Girly VR4
I don't have to go to the site to check it out, I know what they claim, it's been around for years. You can not chip these cars. It does ABSOLUTELY nothing to your horsepower or fuel economy. It is 100% a rip-off scam.
What do you mean THESE cars?

Quick Reply: 3000gt mods