Go Back   Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums > Mitsubishi Models > Mitsubishi 3000GT
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to the Mitsubishi Forum - Mitsubishi Enthusiast Forums.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-22-2008, 04:17 PM

Default parking brake light staying on

I have a 94 dodge stealth and the parking brake light keeps staying on. Brakes aren't hanging up so I assume its a switch problem. Anyone tell me where to start looking for the switch that trips the light?

Other problem, drivers door lock is frozen, I assume I need to take the door panel off to see why it is hung up. Never done that so any advice or tricks to look for?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MitsubishiForum!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 AM

Default RE: parking brake light staying on

The brakelight on the dashis triggered by 2possible reasons. 1- the switch at the ebrake is grounded (ebrake is on) or 2- the brakefluid in the resevoir is low and the float switch is triggered. The cause of your light being on is likely because of low brake fluid level.

Hints on doorpanel removal- don't forget there are several screws behind the lower carpet trim piece. You must remove the 1 screw at the end of the trim piece, remove the trim piece itself, then remove the rest of the screws behind the triimpiece. Good luck!

JJ

1992 3000GT VR4 & 1996 STEALTH RT/TT #47 *both tastefully modded*
Old 03-23-2008, 04:21 AM

Tags
08, 2000, brake, diamante, dodge, eclipse, emergency, fluid, galant, light, low, mitsubishi, parking, staying, stealth