Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

03 Diamante P0401 - EGR circulation flow low.

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 01:35 PM
Exclamation 03 Diamante P0401 - EGR circulation flow low.

Ok so I have knowlege of the system except for ONE question. Here is what I did so far. (btw I just bought the car with this code)

Checked all hoses and found one to be unplugged. I plugged it in, erased codes and drove around, It came back.

I checked the EGR valve, pushed it open with my finger and the rpms changed so thats fine. I even pulled it off to clean it. It looks to be brand spanking new.

I checked all connections to the EGR solenoid and those checked out, then I disconnected the driver side hose from the solenoid and put my finger over the nipple and the engine slowed and the egr valve opened to get more air in...so that valve definitely works.

turned off the car and unplugged all hoses I could spot (2 on solenoid, 1 on egr valve, 1 on intake) and sprayed brake cleaner and blew air into them (with my mouth... left the compressor at another house). All the hoses were clear EXCEPT one... This is my question.

The hose that connects to the intake... I pulled it off and blew into it, nothing. I sucked air, only a little air comes out, if any. Eventually sucked up brake fluid LOL. Is there a 1 way valve on that hose? I cant see under the insulation but it seams to be a single hose going from the intake to the driver side of the solenoid. I CAN blow/suck air from the solenoid but not the intake.

Is there a valve or does that intake hose NOT connect to the solenoid?
Oh, and what should the voltage reading be for the electrical plug to the EGR solenoid?
Thanks