Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

03 Diamante transmission control module issue ..?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 03:02 PM
Default 03 Diamante transmission control module issue ..?

My Diamante did this today for the first time. I placed it in Drive and took off then after coming to a stop and attempting to take off again it would not hardly move. I could place the accelerator to the floor and it would merely move at a snails pace. I pulled "very slowly" into a parking lot and stopped. I then placed it in park and then Drive again, same thing barely move even if i floored it. I stopped again and placed it in reverse, same thing. I then placed it in drive and it started off merely moving then all of a sudden it started to drive normally. One note my TCM light was blinking too. Not sure if that is significant. My TCM light has been on for about a year now. The TCM module needs to be replaced but I havent replaced it because I have never ever needed to use it. I'm not sure if that particular module is tied into this problem or not. The car continued to drive normal for the remainedr of my trip. Just asking if there is anyone out here that has an idea for me. My sons 1991 Honda had a trans control module located under the pass dash area that I replaced when his trans acted weird and it corrected it completely. Thanks for any and all help.

Old 08-05-2016, 06:35 PM
Default Same thing happened to me yesterday

Originally Posted by dmetcalf
My Diamante did this today for the first time. I placed it in Drive and took off then after coming to a stop and attempting to take off again it would not hardly move. I could place the accelerator to the floor and it would merely move at a snails pace. I pulled "very slowly" into a parking lot and stopped. I then placed it in park and then Drive again, same thing barely move even if i floored it. I stopped again and placed it in reverse, same thing. I then placed it in drive and it started off merely moving then all of a sudden it started to drive normally. One note my TCM light was blinking too. Not sure if that is significant. My TCM light has been on for about a year now. The TCM module needs to be replaced but I havent replaced it because I have never ever needed to use it. I'm not sure if that particular module is tied into this problem or not. The car continued to drive normal for the remainedr of my trip. Just asking if there is anyone out here that has an idea for me. My sons 1991 Honda had a trans control module located under the pass dash area that I replaced when his trans acted weird and it corrected it completely. Thanks for any and all help.
Same thing happened to me yesterday. 98 last with 230,000 miles on it. How did you fix it? Plus my transmission light randomly blinks on and off with my check engine light. The do this at the same time. Windows won't work when they blink on and off and high beams won't work either. Door open light stay lit on dash all night and day. What could be causing this??? Please help I love this car and don't want to let it go. Purchased it new in 1998. Thanks and sorry for rambling.