Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

Door Panel Removal

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 05:59 AM
Default Door Panel Removal

I have a 2003 Diamante LS , tried to get the Drivers side door panel off to replace a blown speaker, anyone have any info on how to remove it? Any help would be greatly appreciated , thnx.

Old 05-23-2006, 01:29 AM
Default RE: Door Panel Removal

I have a 2000 Diamante and I believe the interior is identical. Removing door panels is easy except that the first step is the hardest. But first, roll the window down. Now, if you look down in that handle recess in the door - you might call it a handle, I stick my cell phone in there - you'll see a little rectangular piece. The trick is pulling that thing out. It's kinda awkward since it's down in there - try using a screw driver or bending a piece of metal. Just get that out. It'll reveal a screw. Remove that screw along with the black screw in that circular piece at the front of the door (and pull that cup thingy out). Pull the door handle like you're opening the door, unscrew that screw and wiggle the handle surround off.

Now take a flat head screwdriver and insert it up into the bottom of the panel. Always start on the bottom in case you scratch the paint. Pry the panel off gently and get your fingers in there and gently pry the rest of the perimeter of the panel. Don't pull it off yet as the gas cap release, trunk release, door light, and driver's controls are all still attached. I've actually replaced a speaker with the panel still half on (pulled off but still attached via all the aforementioned wires) but twist the door light to pull it out of the panel and the rest of the controls are just connected via snap connectors. Just pop em off. The panel needs to lift upwards to get off the window railing.

This sounds difficult but once you get started it makes sense. If you need to replace the tweeter, let me know.