Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

Engine Code reader will help?

Old 05-03-2004, 08:31 PM
Default Engine Code reader will help?

I havea 92 mitsu Diamante. It has now 146K miles on it. It is giving ~ 15 miles/gal on highway. I just replaced its enginewith a good used engine. Commpersion on engine is good and in spec. New wires, sparkplugs, air filter, PCV valve. Enginge runs fine. The pickup is kind of slow. Takes about 13+ secs to get to 0 - 60mph. The Engine which went bad in the car also had similar problems before it dying of brokenpiston #3 bearing.During the smog check it had the high HC count of 108 which is the high limt too. As this is 92 and does not have OBDII, what scanner can I use to read codes? Any suggestions to proceeding from here on?</P>

</P>

Old 09-21-2004, 03:18 PM
Default RE: Engine Code reader will help?

I have a 1990 Sigma with 3.0 V6. I believe yours has the same engine. Mine's been giving me about 18 mpg in town and 20 in the highway. I keep the engine in a good condition so most parts are ether still good or recenly replaced-just to give you an idea of its condition. Nevertheless, mileage sucks. Not long ago I discovered that the computer does not react to the O2 sensor. It reacts to other sensors but the O2. The car is running rich. Also I do not feel the transmission lockup clutch. It maybe a computer malfunction (the bloody capacitors). Have no idea at the moment. Hope this info will help you in some way.

Now, back to your question: you can read OBDI codes without the scanner. Just use an analog voltmeter. I'm sure instructions abound on the web. If not, email me.

Old 10-30-2004, 08:18 AM

Hai i would recommend getting a reading of the exhaust gases. Co, Hc etc
based on which you should know whether the engine is running rich.
I would also check and see the vacuum reading by using a vacuum gauge should be around 12 to 13 inch at idle. Did you check the fuel pressure generally around 40 psi and check if the fuel return line is obstructed or kinked. I would also check for exhaust restriction.
The timing will also effect your pick up.
You can check the oxy sensor and mass airflow sensor with a mutimeter to see if the readings are within specs..
The scan tool will give you codes after which you will still have to test the components.
This are my suggesstions hope this helps.

Old 05-04-2005, 02:48 AM

Hi Dangan and other forum members,

New here and thought I might suggest how Dangan can obtain the fault codes on the 92 Diamanate.

Go here for details --&gt; http://www.diamanteowners.com/component/option,com_simpleboard/Itemid,30/func,view/id,59402/catid,1/[/URL]

Hope this helps
TG

Old 02-11-2015, 04:49 PM
Default 04 mit endeavor code P1751 MCT

Good afternoon everyone.I' glad there is a Mitsubishi forum to share ideas and solve problems.
I've read many post over the last few years on transmission issues and codes but I haven't really read a solution to my problem right now.
My suv had been slow to go into reverse then drive upon my daily start up before work. It happens sometimes then runs just fine at others. I just replaced all the O2 sensors and once I placed the car on the ground to test drive it stalled right away. Only the code P1751 Manufacturer Control Transmission. Which I need some help on.
Any ideas would be very much welcomed.
thank you again.

Old 02-12-2015, 03:13 AM

epic irrelevant thread dredge.