Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

02 VR-X TCL Off lamp?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
Default 02 VR-X TCL Off lamp?

Can anybody tell me the significance of the amber 'TCL Off' lamp that has started coming on intermittently? (And no, it is not the switch.) There is no obvious change in the behavior of the transmission. The light will just come on and stay lit for the remainder of that trip, then be off the next few times I drive it. Is it storing a trouble code?

Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 AM
Default Tcl lamp

Diamorte,

I have an 02 Diamante w/ 70,000. Same issue also. I believe you are looking at an ABS wheel sensor causing your TCL lamp to flash. It will ether be the contamination from the road, or it will actual be faulty. I've removed my passenger front and rear sensors on my vehicle. I've cleaned them and they now look brand new. That did not eliminate the TCL lite. I ran into having to drill and tap new holes for the bolt that holds the sensor. Maybe your bolts aren't as rusty. It wasn't a big deal. I'll move onto the driverside next and do the same. If cleaning the sensors doesn't fix the problem. Then I will have to meter out the sensors themselves for resistance and continuity to confirm they are good. I should probaly have done this while the wheels were off. I believe the connector that ties the sensor to the ABS control module are behind the plastic molded wheel well for the front and inside the trunk for the back. I do not have the spec for the ohm ranges handy and will have to look them up. I do believe the rear sensors are double in price compared to the front. They are two different sensors. I didn't do severe price shopping. I think the first couple places I looked the rear sensor was over $300.00. I hope they are cheaper than that. I'm am not in a big hurry to resolve this issue. It was only helping me in the snowy days in Buffalo, NY and it's alot warmer out now. On the other hand....I've lost my ABS. As of now, it's a work in progress. Does your ABS light also come on.? I also believe you can get an abs/brake diagnostic down on your car to verify what sensors is bad. I believ PEP Boys will do it for around $100.00.

GoodLuck!

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM

what do you do when the tcl light is flashing and your car goes into a limp mode but it will shift threw the gears but you bulid speed slow as hell

Old 06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Default Kendsley

I heard that you have to put a noise filter on to get it to go off?
I guess that would be a different type than you would use on stereo??

kk