Mitsubishi Diamante For the faithful Mitsubishi owner, this car offers high end luxury without high end luxury pricing.

AT trouble code

Old 10-03-2011, 01:12 AM

That's the thing. i got a check engine light on recently and i bring my car to an auto parts store for scan. the engine was running when the guy hooked up the scanner and i got only 1 error p0401 which is about the egr valve which i can handle.

It did not say anything about my anti lock or tcl. i got 3 lights on when he hooked up the scanner the check engine light, tcl off, and anti lock.

i will try to do some research about it and share it with you when i got it fixed.

Old 10-25-2011, 12:20 AM
Default TCL OFF Blinking

i cannot find the button how to start a new thread so i'll just post it here. I have a recent problem about "tcl off" light blinking. i just read it in some forum that it have something to do with the throttle body and vacuum lines. can anybody tell me, where can i find the vacuum lines?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Default Thanks for the pictures

I was wondering if you still have the diamante and did the relay stay fixed. Also would you know how to get the ECM out with out ripping the care apart. Just wanted to now in case the relay change doesn't work and i have to change it too.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:28 PM

Hello thanks for the info bout the transmission relay I have a 2002 diamante and I replaced it and for a few days it was running strong but its messing up again slowly idk how long before it stops again need sime help if anyone can ?

Old 01-21-2017, 05:06 PM

Thanks vedlinyrim for the fix. It took care of my p0715 code. For those who might think you need to remove the radio, you don't. One of the pics might throw you off. this is my description of the fix, if it helps clear things up even more:

To anyone else looking to solve a p0715 code. This code is primarily thrown by the computer because it has detected a problem with the automatic transmission circuitry. It will then throw the transmission in a failsafe mode where it will only go into reverse and when putting it into D drive, it will only operate in 3rd gear. That’s why the car feels like it has now power. You’re trying to take off in 3rd. Don't floor the pedal!!! You will also see the D-N indicator flashing back and forth.

The fix for this issue is to change out the A/T Transmission Relay. OEM p/n MD759545. Approx. $25.00)) The part is located inside the car, on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel where the passengers left foot would lean against. DISCONNECT THE BATTERY NEG. FIRST, THEN: (this will also clear the p0715 code from the computer memory) ……The bottom plastic panel needs to be removed just under the glove compartment. There are 3 plastic push-pins that need to be pulled out. Afterwards, pull the carpet back on that side of the trans. just under the dash. You will then see a metal plate with 3 little screws. Remove them and the plate. You’ll see the relay bolted to a bracket just behind a big bundle of wires. Take a 10mm socket and remove the relay. Replace it and you should be back in business. Note: plug in the new relay, reconnect the battery and test it before you put everything back to be sure that’s the fix.

Hopefully you will not find the whole area full of antifreeze. That is what usually causes the problem where the heater core leaks into that area, onto the relay. There are other relay under there as well so look things over good and clean up any liquid before re-install.

BTW, there is another thread with pick of this fix on this forum. Just don’t think you have to remove the radio to do this fix as one of the pics might lead you to think.

Hope this helps. It fixed my 2003 Diamante p0715 code issue. IF it fixes your p0715 code please come back and share your experience to hopefully help out the next guys in need. I got my fix plan from that other thread, and I am sooooo grateful the guy posted it. It saved me hundreds of dollar!!!