Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

04 Endeavor Blower/Fan issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 12:21 PM
Default 04 Endeavor Blower/Fan issue

Hi,

Recently, my front blower stopped working on all fan settings all at once. I've done the following to troubleshoot and am hoping someone could give me a little guidance.

>Blower motor works with test leads from battery.
>Circuit tester lights up when I test the white/black wires that power the blower. Interestingly enough, it lights even when fan switch is at OFF position.
>Swapped Omron Relay from middle position with the two others on either side in the interior fuse panel. No change.
>Heat and A/C work (A/C light comes on and compressor does too)

Other than swapping out the blower resistor, does anyone have any thoughts as to what else could be a contributing factor?

Thanks for your time.

Old 12-01-2010, 11:44 PM

common issues with the blower motor on the endeavor. 1. resister goes out. 2. connector for blower motor melts. 3. if the a/c gets clogged, water will back up and get in the blower motor and short it out.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 PM

Sharing my solution: The "Thermal Heat Resistor" as the parts people would refer to it, or just the blower motor resistor, located fairly deep behind the glove box approx. 10am on the dial and inserted into the air plenum. I ran an impedance test with my meter on the negative blades, and it didn't bode well for the unit. When I inserted jumpers in the harness between the blue/black and the black, ground was established and blower motor kicked in.
It's about $100 at the dealer, but I found one spec'd for another vehicle yet identical to mine on a parts website.
Hope this helps. No more relying on highway speeds to generate enough airflow for a little heat!

Old 12-29-2010, 08:49 AM

you can look for short circuits which is an usual occrence in such cases.. also check for electrical components burn outs..

Old 06-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Default Front Blower 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor - Fuse

Same thing happened to me. Would add that I checked the relay, it was ok.

One thing that wasnt mentioned is a 30 amp fuse at location 20 on the dash fusebox...it was blown as well.

Fuse location 6 has a 7.5 amp also but it was ok.

Roger

Old 01-15-2013, 12:13 PM
Default "Thermal Heat Resistor"

I have this exact issue. I only have air when I'm going down the highway or I've accelerated at a quick speed. What website and "another vehicle" did you use? I've been dealing with this problem for a few months now and it's a little cold in my area. I could use the advise/information.
Thanks.

Originally Posted by goose1970
Sharing my solution: The "Thermal Heat Resistor" as the parts people would refer to it, or just the blower motor resistor, located fairly deep behind the glove box approx. 10am on the dial and inserted into the air plenum. I ran an impedance test with my meter on the negative blades, and it didn't bode well for the unit. When I inserted jumpers in the harness between the blue/black and the black, ground was established and blower motor kicked in.
It's about $100 at the dealer, but I found one spec'd for another vehicle yet identical to mine on a parts website.
Hope this helps. No more relying on highway speeds to generate enough airflow for a little heat!

Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by britttanyalannna
I have this exact issue. I only have air when I'm going down the highway or I've accelerated at a quick speed. What website and "another vehicle" did you use? I've been dealing with this problem for a few months now and it's a little cold in my area. I could use the advise/information.
Thanks.
I can't find a record of what I purchased, it's been so long ago. I do recall not being able to find the product at Mitsubishi and I ended up with a unit used in a Honda Accord (or something similar). I had cross referenced the model number off of my existing power transistor/thermal resistor (whichever it's called).

Anyway, check RockAuto Auto Parts. I just did and it appears that they have a blower motor control module/resistor. Looks similar to what I installed.
STANDARD MOTOR PRODUCTS Part # RU244 {#2468103010, 8713852010, MR513289} Intermotor
You would also need to make sure you first don't have a blown blower motor relay. That's a much easier fix. AIRTEX / WELLS Part # 1R1645 on rockauto.com
Good luck! What I do remember was this was frustrating!

Old 07-04-2013, 02:31 PM

I am experiencing the same problem with my 2008 Endeavor , I replaced the blower motor resistor , it worked fine for a while but every now and then the blower just quits completely then will work fine again the next day. There was a recall on that model where drain hole would get plugged and water backed into the vehicle and the air ducts you could hear the water swooshing in there. I took it to the dealer that was fixed under warranty but I am guessing that water has damaged the blower motor as well since the resistor had corrosion on it. Has anyone else experienced this?