Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

05 side steps....practical?colors?titanium?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 12:59 PM
Question 05 side steps....practical?colors?titanium?

New guy here. I feel fortunate to have recently purchased a lightly used 05 endeavor limited. Have added a tow hitch (piece of cake, but muffler is bouncing of the hitch at higher speeds), new tires, and bug deflector.

Plan to order a wind deflector for the sun roof hatch, rear mudflaps and the side steps. But color (black or titanium)of the side steps as noted online at www.mitusbishipartspeople.com has me puzzled. The titanium is a more money, which isn't a problem, but is that because it wears better. And what is going to look better on my rig ("mineral biege pearl" - looks like grey with a brown tint) black or titanium, whatever color that is?.

Anyway, I welcome any feedback, and especially photos or links to photos showing the titanium finish in the side steps. Also wondering about that gaping hole in the front facia exposing the radiator.
love the rig though. Thanks all for stepping up to help!
ED

Old 06-23-2010, 09:35 AM

I don't know, do you really want them? Endeavor isn't that tall and I find the step in height very comfy as is (I am 5'6"). I personally don't like the look of them on an SUV, seems out of place most of the time and eats your ground clearance.

EDIT Just realized that I am replying to almost a month old topic

Old 06-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Default thanks for your time...

...since you replied I will take the time to comment. If I had ground clearance concerns, would I have purchased an Endeavor. No, not really a great offroad choice.

I agree the step in height is comfortable. Would you believe...my may consideration was protecting the paint on the side of the car? There seems to be a whole lot of tar, road grime, etc. the makes it to the side of the car.

And, I too am not too certain it would add to the appearance. That is why I was asking. At this point....I have already pretty much decided against the side steps because I can't imagine they would add to the appearance. I would still like to see a photo, just to see if we are right or not. Also - still worried bit about protecting the paint. Thank Yury...yours was good input.

ED

Last edited by FastEddieWa; 06-23-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: typos
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by FastEddieWa
...since you replied I will take the time to comment. If I had ground clearance concerns, would I have purchased an Endeavor. No, not really a great offroad choice.

I agree the step in height is comfortable. Would you believe...my may consideration was protecting the paint on the side of the car? There seems to be a whole lot of tar, road grime, etc. the makes it to the side of the car.

And, I too am not too certain it would add to the appearance. That is why I was asking. At this point....I have already pretty much decided against the side steps because I can't imagine they would add to the appearance. I would still like to see a photo, just to see if we are right or not. Also - still worried bit about protecting the paint. Thank Yury...yours was good input.

ED
I just took a look at my truck and tried to visualize it those tubes under. Came to a conclusion that it would take away from the look. It would look like a GMC Envoy and, personally, I never liked those, they always look like minivans pretending to be SUV to me.