Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2 kinds of Endeavor roof rack cross-bars

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 PM
Default 2 kinds of Endeavor roof rack cross-bars

I have been researching roof rack cross-bars for my recently-acquired used 2007 Endeavour. (Love the car! ...or is it a truck?)

It seems that there are two kinds. Pictures of one kind appear with the part number of the other, and vice-versa. As best I have been able to piece this together, the older kind is MR557805 which are straight bars that cross over the top of the roof rack like this:

Example: http://mitsubishi.dealerfit.com/store/mitsubishi-endeavor-roof-rack-crossbar-prod1272_13378.php

The newer kind is 7661A201 (and this part number supersedes the above in the Mitsu parts database) and are slightly curved, more aerodynamic, and fit between the rails of the roof rack like this:

Example: http://mitsupartsworld.com/40-mitsubishi-endeavor-roof-rack-crossbars.html

Just looking at the pictures, the straight kind looks stronger to me and being flat would be more versatile for large loads. This style also looks less aerodynamic and therefore less desirable for permanent installation.

Can someone please verify that I have this right?

Also, does anyone have any experience with one or another or both kinds of roof rack cross-bars who might tell me if there is anything else about them that I might want to know? For example, is one style significantly easier or more difficult to install and remove?

Thanks,
--Tarver

Last edited by Tarver; 08-29-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:55 PM

Ide like to know the same thing. bump

Old 04-03-2013, 04:56 PM

I bought a pair of the second (more aerodynamic) crossbars that you listed from ebay for about $120. They were simple to install: I googled it. Here's what I found:

1) Slide the roof rail rear end covers straight back (there's a little hole on the side of the cover that you need to stick a paperclip in to release the weak slide-lock).
2) Install cross bars.
3) Slide cover back on.

They are aerodynamic, but still can reduce your mileage by a mpg or so. I only put them on when I need them (canoeing or snowboarding).