Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2006 Endeavor low idle / stalls

Old 04-23-2017, 08:56 PM
Default 2006 Endeavor low idle / stalls

Hello all! First, thanks for a place to come and ask questions. Second, my question:

My wife drives a 2006 Endeavor, it's completely stock. She was having problems with it starting, come to find out it was a battery terminal I replaced a few years ago corroded enough between the wire and the terminal. I replaced the battery for good measure, cleaned the terminal and now it starts like a champ. However, if I start it and let it set it begins idling very low to the point of stalling frequently. I noticed that when the fan kicks on it idles just fine, hovering around 1000 rpm. When the fan turns off it drops to probably 300 - 500 and often stalls.

Any suggestions on things to replace / check?

Thank you!!

Old 07-25-2018, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by spencerisadog
Hello all! First, thanks for a place to come and ask questions. Second, my question:

My wife drives a 2006 Endeavor, it's completely stock. She was having problems with it starting, come to find out it was a battery terminal I replaced a few years ago corroded enough between the wire and the terminal. I replaced the battery for good measure, cleaned the terminal and now it starts like a champ. However, if I start it and let it set it begins idling very low to the point of stalling frequently. I noticed that when the fan kicks on it idles just fine, hovering around 1000 rpm. When the fan turns off it drops to probably 300 - 500 and often stalls.

Thank you!!
im having the same issue

Old 09-28-2022, 08:24 PM
Default Having the same problem

Originally Posted by spencerisadog

Thank you!!

did you figure out the problem ?

Old 09-29-2022, 07:55 AM
Default low idle / stalling

Hi. Did this just suddenly happen? How many miles on car? Service history - well maintained? Any codes thrown?

I have an '04w/180K. Similar problem 'suddenly' happened. Check engine light said P0104. Low EGR flow.
Just spent last few days R&R ing EGR valve,tubes. Cleaned thoroughly along with Throttle body. Runs great,no codes.
> While doing these, I also did my valve cover gasket and spark plug tubes w/ new plugs for rear bank.
Shouldn't have to fool with any of that stuff for awhile,if ever.
If DIY, a few hours < $100.
Stealership $$$! EGR alone is $400 ish.
HTH.

Old 10-10-2022, 07:27 PM

Did we find out the problem / solution?