Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

2009 Mitsubishi Endeavour Front End Whistling/Ringing Sound

Old 06-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Default 2009 Mitsubishi Endeavour Front End Whistling/Ringing Sound

I do not know whether anyone has ever experienced this but lately a high pitched whistling/ringing sound has been noticeable on the front right hand side when traveling between 40-80 km/h. Oddly enough, when pressing on the brake, the sound disappears. Also when the car is warmer, the sound is only sporadic. All fluids are up to date including the transmission. Brakes/pads were inspected and are still in good condition. Any ideas? Could this be a drive shaft or bearing issue?

Old 08-26-2014, 08:58 PM

�� very sad that nobody has answered this question. I have the same problem on my 2007 model, replaced both belts thinking that was the issue but did not have high hopes on that considering it comes and goes with speed change not RPM change.

Old 08-27-2014, 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by MCPONMESSIE
�� very sad that nobody has answered this question. I have the same problem on my 2007 model, replaced both belts thinking that was the issue but did not have high hopes on that considering it comes and goes with speed change not RPM change.
Yes, very surprising noone has responded. The squeeling sound is definitely coming from the front axle....not all the time...but when it does, it is quite loud. Some suggestions on other forums say the tires are the problem i.e. may require an alignment others are saying the brake pads are the problem. I may have to have it inspected by a mechanic to see what the issue is. The tires are five years old and just about in need for a change so maybe they are the issue.

Old 08-28-2014, 10:15 AM

I recently put new tires on however we could not do an alignment due to a bent lower control arm on the rear passenger. Sound is still there but maybe with an alignment it will go away. It makes sense because I can get the sound to stop for a second when adjusting the steering and not applying pressure to the wheels ��