Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Coil 6 keeps going bad on 05 Endeavour

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:54 PM
Default Coil 6 keeps going bad on 05 Endeavour

I have an 05 Endeavor that has blown coil 6 now 2 times. I got it back from the shop tonight. The mechanic tried to switch a coil and put a new one on another coil and an older one in the spot of coil 6 to see if the manufacturer original would do anything different. Two hrs later, it starts to do the same old sputter, stall thing it has done and the service engine light is back on. TWO Hours and maybe 25 miles of driving it. What is making these coils continue to go bad ?! Please help! It's an 05 Endeavor. New spark plugs. Never had any other issues with it until the last 4 months. It has 175,xxx miles. Is it likely having a power surge from somewhere?

Old 09-23-2014, 03:58 PM

Kad464s - I have had problems with the coil on six too. Past weekend, on the highway, check engine light flashed on, but instead of sputtering the dam thing just shut down. Luckily got to the breakdown lane safely, towed to garage. Burnt coil on 6, blew the ignition fuse. Replaced the coil again, not sure if it was a faulty coil or if something is blowing it.

If something is causing the coil to burn and fuse to blow the car is just too unsafe to drive on the highway.

Have you found any answers to your coil problems.

Old 09-01-2015, 06:58 AM

Your lucky its coil 6! front coils are easy to reach!!! I had similar issue only on cylinder 5, in back! I had a mechanic (not dealer) replace mine, got almost a year and blew same coil and engine fuse... Warranty honored and coil replaced, 2 weeks later same coil blows again... after some research I find that Mitsubishi's don't like after market coil packs... I ask mechanic where he got them from and informs me they came from O'Reillys. so, I go to dealer and purchase 6 new coil packs, I am waiting for the guy to run my credit card and the service manager walks by and sees my coils on the counter and simply asks "Endeavor or Eclipse", I say Endeavor, why... he says that the parts department always stocks 6 because they will not run long on anything but OEM Coil Packs! I say ****, I have an eclipse as well... I have not had a single issue since I replaced the coils with OEM Parts...