Mitsubishi Endeavor This mid-sized sport utility vehicle offers a sporty look and excellent power, as well as a comfortable interior.

Montero stalls after 10 seconds of running.

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Default Montero stalls after 10 seconds of running.

I am out of answers on what is wrong with my montero, I recently changed the timing belt that busted on my uncle, everything seemed fine except it kept stalling within 10 seconds. Finally found out it was the injectors that were being shut off, and once i reset the ignition they went on again. I have replaced the fuel pump, crank sensor, cam sensor, plugs, and wires. Can anyone give me some guidance or direction with this?

Old 06-21-2014, 04:19 PM

reset the ignition ????

Old 07-10-2014, 09:04 PM

1996 Montero/Challenger Automatic, Petrol/Gasoline - I am having a similar issue - but have not done any work on the car beforehand. When I turn the key it will start and run for 2 seconds then die as if there is no gas. If I turn the key til the lights are on (don't crank engine) and wait 5-10 seconds then start it - no problems. I have found a post for the diesel version of Monteros with the ICP sensor - is there a sensor for gas cars that is similar and could produce the same issue? I have checked the spark plugs, air flow, fuses and replaced the O2 sensor. What else could be wrong? Thinking it could be fuel pressure or a sensor somewhere... There are no computer faults or error lights of any sort to help me find the source...

Old 10-21-2020, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Robert Johnson
I am out of answers on what is wrong with my montero, I recently changed the timing belt that busted on my uncle, everything seemed fine except it kept stalling within 10 seconds. Finally found out it was the injectors that were being shut off, and once i reset the ignition they went on again. I have replaced the fuel pump, crank sensor, cam sensor, plugs, and wires. Can anyone give me some guidance or direction with this?
I know this is a shot in the dark being so long ago, but i have a 2001 montero doing that dies intermittently. But it also kills injector pulse until the key is cycled. Any chance you figured out what the issue was??